1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Affordables Moderator
17,578 Posts
I have one of his Precista chronographs, the PRS-17C, I really like it a lot :-! If only I could have gotten a Dreadnought when they first came out... o|

Cheers,
Griff

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Eddie is "golden"...and that is exactly why he sells out all of the time!

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
Eddie's a good man. Bought two watches from him a few years ago.

Sean

·
Banned
5,568 Posts
Absolutely great to deal with :-!:-!!! Ordered from him twice and it took 7 days from UK to here in Milwaukee, WI.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Eddie is a good man. Known for record-time delivery to about anywhere (I'm not sure he'll manage Antarctica or the ISS in less than a week, but just about anywhere else seems to be well within that timeframe.. ;-) ). The products are very good value for money. Most are homages to military watches, or straight remakes (he owns and rekindled the vintage Precista watch brand, which used to supply issued watches to the British military). Many of his homages have higher specs but lower prices than the originals on which they were based, especially the more modern military ones. He has obtained NATO issue numbers for those, meaning his Precistas are no longer just homages but truly issued watches, for those who like that sort of recognition.

Personally, I have several of his watches. All Broadarrows, one of his other brands, which is now almost defunct as he is engaged in a long legal battle with Omega over the use of the word 'broadarrow' in the USA. My Broadarrow PRS-4 is a typical example: it is largely similar to the CWC issued black PVD'ed Royal Navy SBS diving watch (a very popular milwatch model, cheap versions made by Kronos are also sold on eBay in various hand/dial configurations). But Eddie's incarnation sports a high-end Ronda five-jewel quartz movement running on a 10-year lithium battery and has a sapphire crystal, whereas the CWC has a run-of-the-mill unspecified quartz movement and mineral crystal. Eddie's version is much lower priced than the CWC in spite of the higher specs. Most of his watch models are like that.
He also sells Zeno and Seiko, and some good straps (very good NATOs amongst others).
Recommended.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Like the others said, Eddie's service is second to none and his watches are superb.
Here are my two Timefactors watches:

PRS7....

....and PRS17:

Cheers :)

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
2nd. best watch site on the www :-!

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
A national treasure, as far as UK watch enthusiasts are concerned.

I have owned two of his watches, and am waiting for a further two to come off the drawing board.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Eddie Platts is a top bloke who sells some very nice mil- and diver-style watches under his brand name and a great assortment of watches of other brands. As testified to above, his packing and shipping are legendary and I can tell you he's been able to get packages to me in some very remote locations!

Functional and beautiful pieces:

Time Factors watches are well-built and hold up under all sorts of stress and dangerous situations:

·
Registered
360 Posts
A national treasure, as far as UK watch enthusiasts are concerned.

Well said. He knows about watches (and straps) and a perfect gentleman to deal with, what more can you ask?

On a general note I would say that his main official brand Zeno are probably the best priced entry level Swiss mechanicals on the market.

... and on a personal note, he introduced me to Damasko. Nuff said. :)

john

·
Registered
944 Posts
Anyone familiar with this site? Very interesting!! Appears he "sells out" all the time!

http://www.timefactors.com/new1.htm

Eddie Platts is a great guy, sells Zeno and his own private label Precista watches for a very reasonable price. I have bought a couple of Zenos and a Precista Italian Limited from him. You can't really go wrong buying a watch from Timefactors! :):-!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts