WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently obtained a lovely Timewalker 7070, however, it did not come with the original strap.

I would like to right this and am looking for a replacement strap and authentic buckle. I believe it’s 20mm.

I went to MB directly, they told me to go to an AD. I did. Several times but never received the price or any further contact, sadly.

So I turn to enthusiasts that might be able to help me track down a buckle to get this back to its old self.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

·
Registered
705 Posts
Hi, did you go to an authorized dealer, or a boutique? A boutique will help you out. Though, I believe Montblanc no longer has much of any stock of the original TimeWalker leather straps, and will probably have to special order it (6-8 weeks).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it was an AD... I suppose they are more interested in sales of watches than maintenance stuff. Supply lines seem to be pretty tight!

I can find a strap without much difficulty, it’s the buckle that I can’t seem to find!

When you say ‘boutique’ do you mean a enthusiast watch shop or repairer?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Thanks, it was an AD... I suppose they are more interested in sales of watches than maintenance stuff. Supply lines seem to be pretty tight!

I can find a strap without much difficulty, it’s the buckle that I can’t seem to find!

When you say ‘boutique’ do you mean a enthusiast watch shop or repairer?
Hi, I mean neither of those things. A boutique is a Montblanc operated (or franchise operated) store that only sells Montblanc watches, pens, leather goods.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts