WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For sometime now I have had quite a few Timex watches that I picked up plus a few recent ones. Many not running but nice Marlins, Sprites etc. After watching a few videos on how to disassemble and clean them I dove in. Honestly everyone that I have touched runs again and keeps great time now that I figured out the date wheel alignment issue. (Except the 1950’s Marlin ugh!). I’ve grown to appreciate the brand and now believe in their slogan it takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Here’s a few before and after pics and my Timex collection. What styling!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Another thing to comment about Timex. I think it's pretty amazing how well their dials have held up over 40-60 years compared to Hamilton Elgin Bulova and other higher profile names.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another thing to comment about Timex. I think it's pretty amazing how well their dials have held up over 40-60 years compared to Hamilton Elgin Bulova and other higher profile names.
You make a great point. The crystals are frequently toast but when the crystals are removed the dials look great.

·
Registered
6,233 Posts
I like Timex watches also

My grandfather on my father's side could have bought almost any watch he wanted but only bought Timex products

My biggest issue with Timex is that they hardly used stainless steel cases. Even now a lot of those cases are plated.

I do have a 1987 Timex Atlantis that is all stainless steel

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had this 1977 Timex that my father in law gave me. Decided to give it a once over. I forgot to take the before picture but even though it’s a small size and I’ll never wear it I still love the dial.

·
Registered
10,562 Posts
I like the styling of some of the Timex pieces, I have a brown striped dial but unfortunately non working movement, I keep meaning to look for another movement.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts

FUNKADELIC DUDE, you sir are the man

Matt

Reactions: mougino

·
Registered
12 Posts
'64 Marlin I found today for a hefty $9.99, it's really in amazing shape. Absolutely no flaking in the chrome, runs like a top beautiful patina on the dial. Oh it was a great day to be looking for minute hands at a thrift shop. Got the scuffy skx for $7.99. Wondeful day indeed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Fantastic finds!

I have this 21 Jewel that needs a cleaning if you're willing to tackle it jimdon. My local watch maker won't touch Timex. I also have a 1030-2465 that doesn't run for more than a few seconds that you can use for parts.

I got some other rare additions to the collections i'll get posted later too.

My 2nd 21
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Material property

The 65
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery Rim Bumper Metal Automotive wheel system Automotive tire

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here’s one I just thought I would see if I could do. It actually came out much better than I thought.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts