WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Timex IRONMAN Appreciation Thread

144901 Views 607 Replies 98 Participants Last post by  Stelwick
I figure since there is an Expedition Appreciation thread that there should also be an Ironman thread too. I picked this one up the other day on a whim, it is a Timex Ironman T5K198.
Watch Watch accessory Digital clock Fashion accessory Strap
Technology Electronic device Personal protective equipment
Technology Electronic device
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Material property
Watch Wrist Stopwatch Digital clock Watch accessory
See less See more
Reactions: 5
1 - 5 of 608 Posts
Picked this one up the other day. Love it so far. Hugs the wrist like a glove and has that absolutely wonderful notch in the band for the strap keeper. Why don't more companies copy that?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
See less See more
I also have this one that my wife got me a few weeks back...

See less See more
Reactions: 5
That one isn't an original, it's the reissue like I have. It's 39mm I believe and wears pretty small. The originals do not have Indiglo. The original will have a gray case and black bezel.

Reactions: 1
I resurrected one of my early '90's beater Timex Ironman Triathlons from the grave the other day. The original rubber strap was pretty shot, so I put it on an Admiralty Grey Phoenix NATO.

I purchased this watch new back in the day. Over the years I have purchased and worn out probably close to a dozen of these. They are great little beater digital tool watches that IMHO don't get as much respect as they deserve.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I've never seen one from that era with the bigger digits and lack of the bracket thing on the display. Interesting...

Reactions: 2
How thin of a NATO would you need to replace the rubber?
Do you mean thin as in material, or lug width? I'm not really sure. I know the actual lugs are a bit more narrow than the band at the top. Maybe 18mm?
Reactions: 1
1 - 5 of 608 Posts