WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've replaced the battery twice in this Ironman Triathalon and within 3 weeks it's dead. o|

I'm going to replace one more time and then call it quits.

When I opened the watch the first time, there was a circular metal thing that was in the back plate that cracked and fell off. I salvaged the pieces that I could and krazy-glued them back onto the back plate. It is pictured below in the last 2 pics.

Does the missing corner of the metal circle pictured below have anything to do with the battery dying so quickly?

thanks you in advance!

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
That metal disc is the speaker. Is the watch still beeping? The missing area could be where the watch makes contact with the speaker. There might be a short causing the battery to drain.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it still beeps (while it's working)... I guess it's a short... I'll try again with another battery but who knows :-(

·
Registered
797 Posts
I've had similar problems when I tried using cheapo batteries. Problems disappeared when I used a brand name like Duracell or Energizer (unless of course that is what you are trying now - in that case disregard this post.). :)

·
Registered
9,007 Posts
Maybe try rotating the back 180*? If it is a short, that may move things away from each other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts