WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This came from http://www.countycomm.com/compassmaratac.htm

These unique watches with built in electronic compasses were specially made by Timex for Maratac™. These watches were made to use Maratac Watch Bands so the watch to be removed from the band and the compass can be laid directly on top of a map. The face is also sterile of any unnecessary printing to eliminate confusion and allow clear night time illumination. No branding to distract you when you need to take a quick peak at the time or your bearing. This watch uses solid fixed bars to secure the strap from all of natures hazards. This watch is water resistant and depth rated to 100m. (Note: This is a land navigation compass watch. IT IS NOT A DIVE WATCH.)

SPECIFICATIONS:
Made by the Timex Watch Company by contract, for Maratac
Movement: Proprietary 4 hand watch/compass movement
Crystal: - 2.7mm Hard Mineral Glass
Case: is cut from 316L Stainless Steel
Case diameter (Case to Crown) is approximately 44.0mm
Bezel diameter is 40.7mm, milled engraved and filled
Case Height is 13.3mm
20 mm solid fixed lugs
Crown: 5.9mm scalloped
Weight of head 64 grams (2.05 Ounces)
Illumination Method: Indiglo
Bi-Directional Linear Navigation (BDLN) Bezel
Quartz Movement, battery operation (CR 2016 battery)

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Hello:

Yes, I have one. Very nice piece. High quality workmanship, very legible time and compass display, accurate and comparing the compass to a military compass the Maratac is +/- 1 degree! I take mine along as my timepiece and backup compass when I go hunting.

One other consideration is that I have noticed that unlike most other Timex watches, this one has a decent resale value, should you decide to sell it.

For the money I'd say it's a real value.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike

Thanks for the post. I have bought 4 watches in the last 5 weeks I'm going to hold off buying any for a bit, but the next one will be the Maratac AQS.

Gregg

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Mike

Thanks for the post. I have bought 4 watches in the last 5 weeks I'm going to hold off buying any for a bit, but the next one will be the Maratac AQS.

Gregg
Here's a good source: http://www.broadarrow.net/sale.htm

The model that MWR is selling has a sterile dial which is very attractive.

Glad to help out.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Here's a good source: http://www.broadarrow.net/sale.htm

The model that MWR is selling has a sterile dial which is very attractive.

Glad to help out.
sorry but.... i had asked to broadarrow if they can sell and send it to me but the reply was...
due to shipping problem with your country ,and not only your's, we don't accept order from your location for now.....
:-(

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
I have the Timex equivalent

I found this when doing a search for zulu straps.Does anyone have it?
Nice practical watch. Don't lose the compass alignment instructions because you'll need them periodically.

I like the Maratac version better because of its lug configuration; allows it to be used with any band.
\
heb

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
Re: I have the Timex equivalent

Nice practical watch. Don't lose the compass alignment instructions because you'll need them periodically.

I like the Maratac version better because of its lug configuration; allows it to be used with any band.
\
heb
you're right man but unfortunately i cannot buy one...
i tryed but used i found one that cost the same price i will
have to pay for the shipment cost and new no one web shop can
send it to me due to customer problem with italian postal service..

·
Registered
160 Posts

you're right man but unfortunately i cannot buy one...
i tryed but used i found one that cost the same price i will
have to pay for the shipment cost and new no one web shop can
send it to me due to customer problem with italian postal service..
Hi,

I'm Bob from MWR. I will ship you one in Italy under one of two conditions.

You accept liability for loss on an uninsured parcel (cheap shipping) or

You agree to let me send it to you fully insured (expensive shipping).

I have a very terrible track record with Italy with half the orders either lost or delayed for as long as 8 weeks.

I am sorry to be a pest about that rule, but the losses are killing me. Up until now, I was making good on lost orders out of my own pocket.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts

Hi,
I'm Bob from MWR. I will ship you one in Italy under one of two conditions.
You accept liability for loss on an uninsured parcel (cheap shipping) or
You agree to let me send it to you fully insured (expensive shipping).
I have a very terrible track record with Italy with half the orders either lost or delayed for as long as 8 weeks.
I am sorry to be a pest about that rule, but the losses are killing me. Up until now, I was making good on lost orders out of my own pocket.
I thank you so much for your help and i know that italian postal service sucks too.....:thanks
Now i've done some other shopping and i don't need anymore the maratac..:oops:
Now i am searching another kind of object due to my hobbyes.....

I don't know how to say to you how much i appreciate your offer...
But believe me i am proud to know many people like you with the help of
WUS forum.....
You all guys helped me in many different ways..
Unfortunately I have to refuse your offer because of the reason i told you now..

Thanks a lot anyway my friend maybe you can help me another time in the future.
So..
If you need my help too in the future just let me know something and if i'll can i will do surely my best...
:-!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Received mine today from Countycomm.

Super happy with it! Great value at $75 WITH a nice Zulu strap and their "watch taco" case.

I bought an extra Maratac "mil-series" band in grey for the watch, and stole the black Zulu for my Subby.

Most of my watches are auto's, but it's nice to have a durable, functional, clean looking quartz for when knowing the correct time is actually important!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi sorry to drag this one up from the past but does anybody know where i can find one of these watches that will send it to the UK?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi there. I have recently acquired this watch, and I'm just wondering if anyone knows how to calibrate the compass? I got mine second hand and it didn't have any instructions with it. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
My brother said that the Hungarians didn't like buying off Italian eBay sellers-- according to them, if something gets shipped through Italy, then there is a high chance that it was seized by the mob.
"So, Viktor, you get your new BMX bike yet?"
"No, I bought it on eBay from Italy. It was probably taken by the Mafia."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts