WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Timex was supposed to have released the Oversized Camper last month.

I still can't find it on their website or anyplace other than watch blogs saying that it's coming SOOOOOON.

Also, does anyone know which retail chain gets'em first ?

:thanks

·
Registered
9,310 Posts
I can't help you, but when you do find one, let us know where it was.

·
Registered
944 Posts
It was supposed to come out last month... and now it looks like its watchware.

So much for all the hullabaloo about it on the blogs!

·
Registered
5,278 Posts
This was a response posted on GQ's website that highlights the oversize camper:

"I called Timex today 7/29/10 and was informed the "Timex Oversize Camper" is not going to be available until September and also not in the US market."

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I wouldn't worry to much, if Timex misses the boat with this one replica watches will fill the market ten dollars cheaper and twice the quality! I guess we'll just have to wait until September and see. We might even see a back to skool sale on them. Thanks for the input fella's! :-!

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know I was looking for a green one too. But, the black case looks just as good. Will have to swap out the strap for a solid black one though. Make it a special ops flair. And thanks for the heads up there Ed, much obliged!

sixties :thanks

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, well, well, we might just end up with the green one afterall. Cause Sears Canada isn't shipping to the states! Yeah !!! Just got a call telling me they had to cancel my order. They got really really bad telephone service but I got that much out of the conversation. Good try though.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well so much for that idea. If the above statement is correct about Timex stating that they won't be available in the states we might not end up with one at all because Sears is the only place I have seen them.

·
Registered
183 Posts
according to this blog dated in July they have been available at Nordstroms. They are not on their website though. And the one pic shown is of the green one.

half way down the page...
Rob Sawyer

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wow...this would be one of the rare times that shoppers from the US might come up to Canada. I agree, the green probably looks the best (based on pictures). Personally, I'd wait until Sears has a big watch sale to pick something like that up.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Follow Up in case anyone else is interested:

Walmart <| (the usual suspects)
K-Mart <| (the usual suspects)
CVS <| (No longer carry's watches)
Walgreens <| (can't even spell watches)
Kohl's <| (the usual suspects)
Bloomingdales <| (nice TAG's/Fair Prices)
Lord & Taylor <| (has good selection of G's though)
Nordstrom's - TIMEX ????? We don have no STINKIN TIMEX's

Someone in Canada is missing an opportunity trading here. Save us some petrol neighbors.

Timex apparently has been taken over by the Harvard school of Business grad's. I wondered where they got jobs, now I think I know.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay, for anyone interested in this model I just received a call back from the Timex Corporate lady from earlier this week. She took the time to check out the GQ link and chase this down for me.

This is the information she relayed to me and I'm posting the summary of that conversation here.

The Oversized Camper IS being released here in the USA. It is a special edition release though and there are only two Retail Stores carrying it. Bloomingdales and Nordstrom.

I struck out at my local outlets but you guy's might have better luck in your regions so go in and check the counters. The sales people don't even know or realize they may have these since they don't normally carry Timex.

Oversized Camper:
Black Bezel w/Black nylon Strap; Timex Part Number 2N325
Black Bezel w/Orange Stripe nylon Strap; Timex Part Number 2N328
Black Bezel w/Blue Stripe nylon Strap; Timex Part Number 2N359
Green Bezel w/Green nylon Strap; Timex Part Number 2N363 WWII remake

Now let's see who can google find it or trip over it at the local stores. |>

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's my birthday this weekend, so I am going my local Nordstrom's to see if they have watch in stock/purchase it.

If you go on Nordstrom.com, do a watch search, then select Timex (do not specify gender) they do show the new "Heritage Series" watches, $95.00 seems steep to me.

Will let you know if my Nordstrom has the watch this weekend or not.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I can't believe how bad I want this new Timex!!!

The Nordstrom in Columbus, OH does not have watch in the store yet, they took my name and number if in case it does come in, the clerk on the phone indicated it could be a online only item, but her store does have Timex in stock, I will verify this weekend if the watch is available at my local Nordstrom (never trust a clerk, even it is awesome Nordstrom)!

Did go on Bloomingdales website 15 minutes ago, and they are showing a 38mm Camper for $50.00, only in black and olive. I guess this the right watch b/c it has the "date" window on it. It does not appear any of the "cool strap" patterns are online @ Bloomingdales, like Sears Canada.

Soooooo since everyone knows how bad I want this watch, what to get, black or olive :think: or o|?

:thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I GOT IT! Ordered it today....Ok fellas, get ready, get set and DIAL!
One left at Nordy's in Minnesota
Call Emily at 952.883.2121 in watches...she is mailing mine today.

Lemme know who got the last one...

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
oh, and OhioHead. i don't see the olive color on bloomingdales site. was it there earlier? now it is just black.

Edit: i didn't notice ur post was 1 week ago. i bet they sold out of the olive. post some pics when u get it, whatever color u chose.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts