WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
If you have an IQ perpetual with two recessed buttons, here's instructions for yours:

Press the RESET arm on the main board and pull the crown to the middle position.

Start setting the correct year, month, date and day

Year:
Press the button at 2 o'clock to move the date pointer to set the years after leap year (eg. 2017/2021... is 1, 2018/2022... is 2, 2019/2023... is 3, 2020/2024... is 4)

Month:
Press the button at 4 o'clock to enter the month setting
Press the button at 2 o'clock to move the month pointer to set the month

Date:
Press the button at 4 o'clock to enter the date setting
Press the button at 2 o'clock to move the date pointer to set the date

Day:
Press the button at 4 o'clock to enter the day setting
Press the button at 2 o'clock to move the day pointer to set the day

Done
Press crown back to normal position

Capture.JPG

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
If anyone knows how to jog the date wheel up/down in very small increments, please post instructions.

EDIT - Well, I just read the instructions and it says quite clearly how to do this...

(Hint - It's the first step)

Re-install battery
Pull crown to MIDDLE position.
Turn crown until date is centered in date window.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here's the instructions for the 3-hand-1-crown Timex Perpetuals in text format for easier printing:

TIMEX
www.timex.com
W-183-US 919 09500
THE PERPETUAL CALENDAR COLLECTION
PERPETUAL CALENDAR
THE DATE IS ALWAYS RIGHT

Your Perpetual calendar watch accurately keeps track of how many days are in each month. It also adjusts for leap years. The date on your watch (including the month and year) was preset at the factory to Eastern Standard Time. You only need to adjust the time.

Your watch may not have all the features described in this booklet. Please save these instructions for future reference.

Your watch crown has 3 positions: IN, MIDDLE and OUT.

To set time, simply pull crown all the way out and turn. Day and date change automatically when time is adjusted past midnight; there is no additional step for setting day or date.
Push crown in when done.

After setting, if date changes at noon, time needs to be adjusted ahead or back 12 hours.

If crown is accidentally put in MIDDLE position and turned, date display will change temporarily, but date setting is unaffected.
Simply pull crown all the way out and set time. Proper date display will resume.

7-Year battery can be replaced by Timex and the time set for $7.oo.

HOW TO SET DATE AFTER BATTERY REPLACEMENT
THIS PROCEDURE IS ONLY NECESSARY AFTER BATTERY REPLACEMENT

Set time and day of the week first (see above).

Then, set date as follows.

Please read all instructions before continuing.
All steps must be performed.

If setting is not done properly, push reset switch arm (see picture above) or remove and re-install battery, and repeat procedure in order for perpetual calendar feature to work.
• Pull crown to MIDDLE position.
• If necessary, turn crown until date is centered in date window.
• Push crown in.
• Pull crown to MIDDLE position and wait for at least ten seconds (date moves back and forth).
• Turn crown until ‘1’ is displayed in date window and push crown in.
• Date moves back and forth to indicate start of date setting.
• Turn crown until correct date (1-31) is shown and push crown in.
• Watch displays ’2’ in date window to indicate start of month setting.
• Turn crown until correct month (1-12) is shown and push crown in.
• Watch displays ‘3’ in date window to indicate start of year setting.
• Turn crown until correct year (last two digits) is shown and push crown in.
• Watch displays correct date and setting is done.

Watch will show correct date for battery’s life.
If date changes at noon adjust time by 12 hours.
If incorrect date is shown at beginning of month, date may not have been set.
Follow procedure above.
If date does not move back and forth after waiting ten seconds, in the fourth step, push reset switch arm (see picture above) or remove and re-install battery and repeat procedure.

HOW TO CHECK DATE

Once date is set, you may check it, but this is not necessary.
To check month setting:
• Turn crown until ‘2’ is displayed in date window and push crown in.
• Watch displays month for five seconds and then resumes normal date display.
To check year setting:
• Turn crown until ‘3’ is displayed in date window and push crown in.
• Watch displays year for five seconds and then resumes normal date display.

If date is incorrect, push reset switch arm (see picture above) or remove and re-install battery and follow SET DATE procedure above.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Finally got around to cleaning up the crystal on a black 1854 T-Series Retro Perpetual.

The movement has a small lever on the back and was easy to press for the reset.

The date wheel was terribly misaligned on this one.
It sat almost exactly between dates.
After pressing the reset switch, it moved to a much more aligned position.

Before removing the back, I tried to align the date wheel by pulling the crown to the middle position and turning it - but nothing happened.

After pressing the reset lever, I moved the crown to the middle position and the date wheel did move very very slightly.
The adjustment is very fine and you can get the date aligned perfectly in the window.

After it was aligned, I pressed the crown in and then pulled it back to the middle position and waited about 5 seconds and the date wheel wiggled, indicating I could begin the date-setting procedure.

20191216_162530_resize.jpg

20191216_173500_resize.jpg

·
Registered
581 Posts
Help! I cannot get the day to move when turning the crown in the out position. The day indicator is just stuck in the 'park' position after changing the battery. Can anyone tell me how to get this to work?

·
Registered
Just one more TX Timex Enabler Club - Broths Hams n Subs
11,617 Posts
Help! I cannot get the day to move when turning the crown in the out position. The day indicator is just stuck in the 'park' position after changing the battery. Can anyone tell me how to get this to work?
IDK... but it always helps to post a picture of the item in question.. and the movement. They are not all the same.

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can you post a pic of the watch?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I recently had my Timex battery changed by my local Fred Meyer Jewelers (Oregon) who sent the watch out. "I assumed" they would set the perpetual calendar properly. I was wrong. Your post was REALLY helpful.

Thank you!

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I recently had my Timex battery changed by my local Fred Meyer Jewelers (Oregon) who sent the watch out. "I assumed" they would set the perpetual calendar properly. I was wrong. Your post was REALLY helpful.

Thank you!
You're welcome.

I have to be honest - I've checked all my Perpertuals and, sure enough, they all seem to know that it's leap year...

You should post a pic you watch.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I have two Timex perpetuals, including one I've never seen another example of (pretty cool model with 'Timex Expedition' printed on the inside of the glass vs. the dial. Anywho, I think I failed miserably the last time I tried to set one. That, or the module died.

The one I've never seen elsewhere...
20200301_223407_1583120624113.jpg

and the one I cocked up.
Clipboard01.jpg

Reactions: cayabo

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
double

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a Timex 1854 with a model number T2N613. It has a recessed button on the left side at the 8 oclock position and chronograph-type buttons above and below the crown on the right side. I can't find directions for setting the perpetual calendar on this one. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Also, all the paperwork I've been able to find so far on this T2N613 says if the month has less than 31 days you have to adjust it manually. WTF? It's an intelligent quartz! It should be pre-programmed until the year 2100, right?

·
Registered
Just one more TX Timex Enabler Club - Broths Hams n Subs
11,617 Posts
Also, all the paperwork I've been able to find so far on this T2N613 says if the month has less than 31 days you have to st it manually. WTF? It's an intelligent quartz! It should be pre-programmed until the year 2100, right?
Have you tried this:
Intelligent Quartz

Leapset Offset
INTRODUCTION With your watch’s perpetual calendar feature, the date does not need adjustment until 2100. The watch automatically accounts for short months and leap years, always showing the correct day and date. The day and date were preset at the Timex factory. You only need to adjust the time. The watch has two recessed push buttons for use by Timex Service Center to set the day and date after battery replacement. They have no use otherwise

LEAP YEAR OFFSET To maintain the correct date, the watch includes a setting for the current hands resume their normal display of day, month, and date t leap year offset. This setting is made at the Timex factory or after battery replacement and cannot be changed, only viewed. To view the offset, pull the crown to its middle position. The date hand shows the offset: 1 = 1 year after leap year; 2 = 2 years after leap year; 3 = 3 years after leap year; 4 = leap year. Push the crown in when done and the

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah, I've looked at all of those. The W-183 is obviously not the watch in the picture above and the W-268 users guide is just that, not a true "factory" settings manual. Pretend I just put a battery in this watch and sent it to the factory. I want the instructions that the factory uses to re-set everything. I still think this should keep track of the correct days in the month since it's intelligent quarts, don't you?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts