WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have a Timex 1854 with a model number T2N613. It has a recessed button on the left side at the 8 oclock position and chronograph-type buttons above and below the crown on the right side. I can't find directions for setting the perpetual calendar on this one. Can anyone help?
View attachment 15336021
I don't think this watch has a perpetual calendar feature.

Why do you think it does?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Because a lot of the Intelligent quartz watches do? I have one T2N505 (Timex 1854) that says Intelligent Quartz on it, and it accurately keeps track of the days in a month. I thought the whole idea of intelligent quartz was it could keep track of the correct day of the week and date like the perpetual calendar? I tried doing a search for intelligent quartz vs perpetual calendar and couldn't find any comparison.

·
Registered
Just one more TX Timex Enabler Club - Broths Hams n Subs
11,617 Posts
Not all IQs have the Perpetual Calendar feature. Given that your IQ has the 24 hour chrono feature, I also do not think that yours have the perpetual Calendar.

I also have the IQ Fly Back; which also has the 24hour chrono, and it does not have the Perpetual Calendar feature.

IQ FlyBack by Wolfsatz, on Flickr

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Because a lot of the Intelligent quartz watches do? I have one T2N505 (Timex 1854) that says Intelligent Quartz on it, and it accurately keeps track of the days in a month. I thought the whole idea of intelligent quartz was it could keep track of the correct day of the week and date like the perpetual calendar? I tried doing a search for intelligent quartz vs perpetual calendar and couldn't find any comparison.

View attachment 15336205
The "IQ" movement was developed in Germany and has 5 stepper motors in it than can be assigned any function = time, chrono, altimeter, temperature, etc...

In the case of the black dialed version you just posted, the motors have been assigned "PERPETUAL" date functions.

For the cream dialed version, the motors are doing "GMT" world time functions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The "IQ" movement was developed in Germany and has 5 stepper motors in it than can be assigned any function = time, chrono, altimeter, temperature, etc...

In the case of the black dialed version you just posted, the motors have been assigned "PERPETUAL" date functions.

For the cream dialed version, the motors are doing "GMT" world time functions.
Yes, I believe you are correct and have pointed it out very well. I didn't know the full story of the "IQ" movement (being able to be assigned any function). I think you are 100% correct and even though I have one watch that says "Perpetual Calendar" and one that says "Intelligent Quartz", and both are perpetual calendars, the white one (World Time) was not programmed as a Perpetual calendar and I was expecting all IQ watches to be so, after owning one that was. Now I understand why it isn't. Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

I've never attempted to adjust a perpetual calendar before - do you think my watch would be considered easy enough for a noob, or better to send it to Timex and have them do it? The battery in mine died well before the 7 year mark and it has just sat on a shelf for the past 5-7 years. Based on the paperwork included with it, I think it must be model# W-183-US (919 095000) ~ The only numbers on the back of the case "CR2016 CELL and "R1". Thanks in advance for your advice

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Hello,

I've never attempted to adjust a perpetual calendar before - do you think my watch would be considered easy enough for a noob, or better to send it to Timex and have them do it? The battery in mine died well before the 7 year mark and it has just sat on a shelf for the past 5-7 years. Based on the paperwork included with it, I think it must be model# W-183-US (919 095000) ~ The only numbers on the back of the case "CR2016 CELL and "R1". Thanks in advance for your advice View attachment 15504764
If you’re comfortable changing the battery, resetting the calendar following the instructions in the first post should be easy enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you’re comfortable changing the battery, resetting the calendar following the instructions in the first post should be easy enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not necessarily uncomfortable (just operating from a position of ignorance) but the instructions in the original post don't seem to address the one question I'm stuck on (unless I've overlooked it): How do I know if I've chosen the correct year? Since my watch doesn't have a year indication, I'm not sure how to verify I've adjusted the calendar correctly.

Thanks for the prompt reply btw

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
I'm not necessarily uncomfortable (just operating from a position of ignorance) but the instructions in the original post don't seem to address the one question I'm stuck on (unless I've overlooked it): How do I know if I've chosen the correct year? Since my watch doesn't have a year indication, I'm not sure how to verify I've adjusted the calendar correctly.

Thanks for the prompt reply btw
Sorry, I should have said you want the instructions in post #8 of this thread. Once the new battery is in, you have to set the day first. Do not worry about the date until you come to that part. But one of the steps will prompt you for the year (it will be "20" on the date wheel).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh, I didn't realize my watch had a year wheel, unless it's inside to use as a reference. I finally found my watch model # T2K631, which just has a day/date window.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Oh, I didn't realize my watch had a year wheel, unless it's inside to use as a reference. I finally found my watch model # T2K631, which just has a day/date window.
It's not a separate wheel. It uses the date wheel to set the year and the month. But you have to follow the instructions in order.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help! I cannot get the day to move when turning the crown in the out position. The day indicator is just stuck in the 'park' position after changing the battery. Can anyone tell me how to get this to work?
I have the same problem. I can make the date wiggle at "22" with the crown when I try to set it with but it never moves. And it does not increment every 24 hours. I replaced the battery and pressed all the button on the movement but no help. There is one button that is not labeled, another is labeled reset and another that almost looks like it gets pressed when the case is closed. I have a 1854 model TW2P78800ZA. I have a Casio where I cannot set the date either but at least the date increments every 24 hours. Maybe I am not careful enough not to set the date when you are in the period of 2 hours of midnight.

Recently my stop watch stopped functioning but it still kept time. I was thinking that the movement is close to dying which I was not happy about. I changed the battery and it fixed the stop watch problem but not the date issue so I guess I live without the date. My Casio battery needs to be replaced also and I just replaced the battery in my wife's cheap digital she got in Vietnam so I am in replace watch battery mode. Waiting on Amazon deliveries.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I have the same problem. The date will wiggle when I try to set it but never moves. And it does not increment every 24 hours. I replaced the battery and pressed all the button on the movement but no help. I have a 1854 model TW2P78800ZA. I have a Casio where I cannot set the date either but at least the date increments every 24 hours. Maybe I am not careful enough not to set the date when you are in the period of 2 hours of midnight.

Recently my stop watch stopped functioning but it still kept time. I was thinking that the movement is close to dying which I was not happy about. I changed the battery and it fixed the stop watch problem but not the date issue so I guess I live without the date. My Casio battery needs to be replaced also and I just replaced the battery in my wife's cheap digital she got in Vietnam so I am in replace watch battery mode. Waiting on Amazon deliveries.
It sounds like you're making it to the second step in the setting process (or even the third...).
The first step is centering the date in the window and the date wheel doesn't wiggle for this.

The date wheel is not directly connected to the crown.
You have to patiently wait for the watch to move the date wheel.

If the watch is moving a "1" into the date wheel, that indicates that you are at the "Date" setting step.
If the watch is moving a "2" into the date wheel, that indicates that you are at the "Month" setting step.
If the watch is moving a "3" into the date wheel, that indicates that you are at the "Year" setting step.

I found that resetting the watch by battery removal was the surest way to get to the beginning of the setting process.

·
11,870 Posts
Somebody remind me to make this a Sticky if I forget. So you will have to look for it at the top of first page.

·
Registered
Just one more TX Timex Enabler Club - Broths Hams n Subs
11,617 Posts
Thanks.

I honestly don't know what "pinned" means.

I read about "sticky" posts, but how do you find them???
Just look at the top oft he board of F71

·
Registered
3,836 Posts
Dear Cayabo,
What an awesome thread! Congrats on the pinned/sticky status!
Can I ask a question?
On my Timex IQ Yacht Racer TW2P44300DH, it has a "perfect" date using the chrono hand as a pointer. The dates 1-31 are inscribed on the bezel. I bought the watch preowned and the date was already off, and the manual doesn't say how to reset. Any thoughts on how to reset it w/out sending to factory?
Anyway, thanks in advance for whatever advice you can offer, and happy holidays!
Cheers,
Dave

·
Registered
8,483 Posts
a super helpful post @cayabo. three people have asked me in the past two months how to calibrate a perpetual: i copy and paste them to here. thank you so much!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts