WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
8,483 Posts
Dear Cayabo,
What an awesome thread! Congrats on the pinned/sticky status!
Can I ask a question?
On my Timex IQ Yacht Racer TW2P44300DH, it has a "perfect" date using the chrono hand as a pointer. The dates 1-31 are inscribed on the bezel. I bought the watch preowned and the date was already off, and the manual doesn't say how to reset. Any thoughts on how to reset it w/out sending to factory?
Anyway, thanks in advance for whatever advice you can offer, and happy holidays!
Cheers,
Dave

View attachment 15618001
sometimes the watch needs to be reset before calibrations can be accepted. either by removing and replacing the battery, or using the reset arm inside the back case.

i don’t own this watch model, but there seems to be a fair enough amount of data online.

plus i recall @Wolfsatz has one, or did. maybe he’s mechanical minded enough to help out?

·
Registered
Just one more TX Timex Enabler Club - Broths Hams n Subs
11,617 Posts
sometimes the watch needs to be reset before calibrations can be accepted. either by removing and replacing the battery, or using the reset arm inside the back case.

i don’t own this watch model, but there seems to be a fair enough amount of data online.

plus i recall @Wolfsatz has one, or did. maybe he’s mechanical minded enough to help out?

This was my first Timex purchase actually, the IQ Yacht Racer... still own the watch, but after 5 years.. still have not need to change the battery.. thus I have not messed with trying to reset it.

·
Registered
3,836 Posts

Hey thank you, that manual link was very helpful & was not the one that came with the watch. I’ll report back on the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
If anyone knows how to jog the date wheel up/down in very small increments, please post instructions.

EDIT - Well, I just read the instructions and it says quite clearly how to do this...

(Hint - It's the first step)

Re-install battery
Pull crown to MIDDLE position.
Turn crown until date is centered in date window.
I wish I knew this before breaking mine. I lost a piece that it needs.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts