1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
991 Posts
They are available on the Timex website now. Be sure to sign up for the mailing list for 15% off (I was able to apply this to my timex.ca order).

·
Registered
121 Posts
Seems appropriate that this thread is my very first post as the first Timex Marlin Snoopy automatic is what got me into watches. Now I've gone off the deep end and have waaaay too many watches. Good thing I swore Saturday night I wouldn't buy anymore watches until 2020 - period.

After this one of course. :)

·
Premium Member
8,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems appropriate that this thread is my very first post as the first Timex Marlin Snoopy automatic is what got me into watches. Now I've gone off the deep end and have waaaay too many watches. Good thing I swore Saturday night I wouldn't buy anymore watches until 2020 - period.

After this one of course. :)
First, welcome to WUS.

Second, when it comes to watches, my position is that it is important to have a theme in your collection. That way, you can rationalize having "waaaay too many watches". All the best in having a theme in your collection. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
First, welcome to WUS.

Second, when it comes to watches, my position is that it is important to have a theme in your collection. That way, you can rationalize having "waaaay too many watches". All the best in having a theme in your collection. :)
Thanks for the welcome and advice. It's definitely been a journey to try and find a theme. I grew up wearing Timex watches in the late 70s/80s, so I find their modern automatics pull on the nostalgia string pretty heavily. I purchased the Snoopy Marlin, the Q (just really cool), the 42mm Waterbury automatic and found a 65 reissue Marlin used for cheap. I also found an old self-wind Timex in an antique mall for $28 that says Made in the USA on the dial and it still runs! It's my poor-man's American Document.

My wife has also given me a few Swiss Army watches on big occasions over the years, so I also like that brand.

So I guess the theme so far is tool/field watches + Timex which creates its own issue. When you can buy a watch for $100 - $250, it's easy to overdo it! I am thoroughly enjoying the journey though and looking forward to really refining what I actually want.

·
Registered
8,365 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Oh Yes, then it would be fine my only issue is with the Timex Quartz movement, super loud ticking.
Actually your only issue is with the M905 quartz movements. Timex uses the M905 in many 3 hand watches but they also use Seiko and Miyota movements which are very quiet.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
Like the watch of course, but where's the love for this PUP? Russia beat Charles Schultz in the space race, but no watch?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts