WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
wondering if this is an early titanium watch by timex? cant find pics of this watch anywhere else? very tough watch still works. all titanium construction front and back. Any help at all would be great..... Or if someone knows where I could find information on this watch please post.... Information is hard to come by on this watch.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Move to Vintage for possible assistance.

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Timex often put a code at the bottom of the dial. Part of it is manufacture date.

·
Registered
1 Posts
wondering if this is an early titanium watch by timex? cant find pics of this watch anywhere else? very tough watch still works. all titanium construction front and back. Any help at all would be great..... Or if someone knows where I could find information on this watch please post.... Information is hard to come by on this watch.
Yes it is. I bought mine in 1985 at The Bay for $85 Canadian. Far as I know it was one of, if not the first, titanium watch they ever made. The battery lasted ~12 years. Had to replace the strap but that was it.

That watch started a hobby of collecting titanium watches... since then I've collected a few others... Wenger, Seiko, Timex... next up Oakley. There's just something about titanium.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes it is. I bought mine in 1985 at The Bay for $85 Canadian. Far as I know it was one of, if not the first, titanium watch they ever made. The battery lasted ~12 years. Had to replace the strap but that was it.
Me too! Bought it at The Bay in mid-80's. Changed the battery only once. Keeps perfect time. I am a carpenter and this is my "work" watch and it has been taking a beating for over 25 years.
I just broke the titanium band and can't find a replacement. Timex Canada says this model has been discontinued for quite a while and no replacement parts are available. It is a shame that I will have to find a generic bracelet to replace the broken one. Unless I am very lucky and can find a used one on ebay.

DSCF9955.JPG

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
That dial could use a serious polish or replacement.
But as Eeeb suggested on the bottom of most Timex watches are a series of numbers.
The first set is the model, the second set is the movement followed by the year of manufacture.
Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
How exactly did you break the band? Bands a often repairable and clasps replacable. If the clasp is broken, any titanium band the same width could be a donor, if a pin broke, pins are replaceable.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts