WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
After all my searching this and other forums, I had been left with the belief that it is possible to regulate a 7S26 to be with in 1 S/day. In practice, I found that if your activity level varies day to day, this is not possible.

I noted that my watch was -5 s/day, put it on my timegrapher and noticed that it was +0 s/day face up, but -10 s/day crown up. After about 20 tries, I got it to +6 s/day face up, -5 s/day crown up. If my daily activity causes it to be fast, I leave it crown up overnight until it's accurate again. If if slow, I can leave it face up overnight.

If I'm going to do any really vigorous activity, I wear my wonky Tristar Orient. (lots of people have been happy with Orient, but there is something wrong with mine)

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
If you need to remove the stem on your Flightmaster (SNA411/413/414) or other 7T62/92/94 movement to do a crystal swap or realign the inner ring or whatever...

There's a little arrow marked "push" on the movement. It looks like it's pointing to the metal tab inside the hole, but no... you need to get a tool BESIDE that little metal tab and way down into the movement to get to the setting lever.

Also, the crown should be pulled out to the first click first. This is according to the technical guide.

Pull the crown to the first click, and get a tool through that tiny hole and into the middle of the movement to push the setting lever. The stem should pull right out after that. When you push it back in, it'll slide into that first click position. You can then push it once more to go all the way in (or pull it out to the next click to set the hands).

Also the inner slide rule ring is only held in place with the crystal gasket. So if it's out of alignment, it's pretty easy to slide it back into place after popping the crystal. No need to fight with any alignment tabs.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I did this once (I'd accidentally ordered a 5 ring instead of a 3 ring and thought it would be easier to send back than return it) but when I cut the end and sealed it with a lighter I found that it ended up hard and scratchy against my skin. It was pretty much unwearable, is there a tip for getting a nice smooth clean finish on the cut and seal?
Yes, after you seal it by singeing it, use emery cloth or a similar abrasive to smooth out the sealed nylon

·
Registered
70 Posts
Guys, i have a problem. Have a SNK615 model and a donor SNK793. Both 7s26. I'm putting SNK615 caliber into SNK793. I push the caliber gently as deep inaide as i can. Stem inserts very fine, day and date switch perfectly. I tighten the case lid by hand and the rotor spins normally. As soon as i tighten the lid completely with a tool, the rotor gets stuck at some point and doesn't rotate freely. What could be the reason? It rotates pefecrly when out of the case.

Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk

41 - 45 of 45 Posts