WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across some pictures of this watch and it is exactly what I've been looking for. The problem is I can't seem to find anyway to get in contact with the manufacturer and there aren't any ebay sales. Does anyone have any idea how to obtain one of these things. At this point I'd even be willing to pay up a bit just to get my hands on one.

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
I came across some pictures of this watch and it is exactly what I've been looking for. The problem is I can't seem to find anyway to get in contact with the manufacturer and there aren't any ebay sales. Does anyone have any idea how to obtain one of these things. At this point I'd even be willing to pay up a bit just to get my hands on one.
I assume you're talking about the 40mm flieger, I need it also badly:) my idea was to purchase a less expensive mechanical flieger 38-40mm to test the look&feel before I make up my mind for an IWC and after a few days research I found the Tissel, it looks great and the size is just perfect.
Tried to contact them 2 months ago but didn't got an answer, very glad to hear that they start selling internationally from september,can't wait:)

40mm flieger, seagull movement, love the display back,hands and blued screws

p2130-1.jpg

p2130-2.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Hi. I am a new member to watchuseek but have been lurking around as a guest for some time. I am also happen to be a Korean living abroad.
I have just managed to discuss with the Tisell's owner and confirmed that ebay sales will resume from roughly Sep this year. There fliger models have been expanded recently and models with Miyota movements also added in their range. He personally asked me to load this message so this info is legit.
Thanks much for the info!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the original post. I have just started looking at Flieger styles and look forward to seeing more of these alternatives

·
Registered
47 Posts
Once they start their eBay sales you will soon notice but all their models you can either choose sapphire crystal or mineral glass, heat treated blue hands or black hands, different style straps and deployant clasps as options.
But it's a general consensus in Korean Tisell forum that original straps provided are not so great.
Thanks, i will be keeping an eye out

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi. I am a new member to watchuseek but have been lurking around as a guest for some time. I am also happen to be a Korean living abroad.
I have just managed to discuss with the Tisell's owner and confirmed that ebay sales will resume from roughly Sep this year. There fliger models have been expanded recently and models with Miyota movements also added in their range. He personally asked me to load this message so this info is legit.

Thanks so much for the info. I will wait for them to re emerge on ebay. Any chance anyone has their username so I can keep an eye out for auctions. Thanks!!

·
Registered
15,466 Posts
I bought one off of ebay when they were available - just to see.
I was mighty pleased and surprised - in a good way.

I would be interested in their other models.

Here's what I bought: came with a ceramic dial.

WAL_DSCN3902.JPG

·
Registered
15,466 Posts
I;d like to see that!

Hi there, I am waiting for the stainless case version of your watch. I bought mine directly from Tisell owner yesterday paying thru Paypal after receiving the invoice from him.

It does have ceramic dial, heated blue hands and sapphire crystal. I am looking forward to uploading my review on Watcuseek for the first time.

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Hi saxoo, I spoke to him and he still does get a lot of email enquries but he's not responding as he is one man business so he sounded a little overwhelmed with oveseas interest. He told me he's still juggling between ebay and his own English shopping mall so let's give him some time to sort it out first.
Understand,thanks, sounds like the biz is going well:) looking forward to your review once you receive the new Tissel!

·
Registered
2,779 Posts

·
Registered
15,466 Posts
^
Good looking watch for sure.
But I had two watches using the same Seagull Chrono movement, and they both died on me horribly in a matter of weeks.
They would not hold a charge.
Wind, wind, wind, and watch the crown unwind... "automatically."

I had them shipped twice across oceans to get them repaired.
Much good that did me.

Nope, will pass on that one no matter who makes them.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
^
Good looking watch for sure.
But I had two watches using the same Seagull Chrono movement, and they both died on me horribly in a matter of weeks.
They would not hold a charge.
Wind, wind, wind, and watch the crown unwind... "automatically."

I had them shipped twice across oceans to get them repaired.
Much good that did me.

Nope, will pass on that one no matter who makes them.
Your experience could be considered purely anecdotal... I can offer another anecdote - My oldeest son has a Parnis chronograph with a Seagull movement and the watch has worked flawlessly for over a year! :)

·
Registered
15,466 Posts
Your experience could be considered purely anecdotal... I can offer another anecdote - My oldeest son has a Parnis chronograph with a Seagull movement and the watch has worked flawlessly for over a year! :)
Sure, pile em on.
The more, the merrier. :)

I have had, and still have, several Parnis models with various Seagull movements in them: autos and manual winds. I just had no luck with this particular CHRONOGRAPH movement.

The ones that died on me have all been anything less robust than those Unitas hand-wind clones. Chronos had the shortest lifespan - weeks, then autos - a year or less.
The handwinds are for the most part robust and fairly accurate.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
I didn't mention that my son's Parnis is an auto chronograph. But I can't say exactly which Seagull movement ID it has inside.

·
Registered
15,466 Posts
I think TISELL - being a one man operation - would do something many Chinese factories don't do - CLEAN the dang movement before putting it inside a case.

That's really all it takes. 95% of all problems with these Chinese movements ARE avoidable with better QC.
But I guess many just don't give a poo.

So, even with the same label/brand, sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes you don't bcz they're made all over, in many different factories - Parnis for example.

And I just happened to get a couple of lemons in a row. (Won them through bids.)

PS: I've noticed a pattern: Parnis's that are up for bids - they usually have something not 100% right about them. Maybe a small defect, maybe not readily noticeable at first, but it's there somewhere:
Example: dial misalignment, stripped screw on caseback (I found one that had been glued back on), etc.

As for the SEAGULL movement: I think they just sell wholesale to whoever wants to use them. So, not really cleaned up as-is out of the factory.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Here's a potential contact:

Tisell Brand Seagull Mechanical Steel Leather Watch (KD-LE14) - China Mechanical Watch, Steel Watch

Except it appears to be a wholesale bulk seller - Perhaps they can point you to a retailer.

But if you like the Tisell... You might also like Ticino:

Pilot Watches Plus
I've always been a fan of the Ticino Type A but it is just too big for my wrist at 44mm. Ticino seems to be the only company offering a 40mm Auto Type A for a reasonable price.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey Guys,

Any updates?? I've checked the website a few times but it is not updated. I was really hoping to go with a Tisell but might have to go in a different direction if US sales aren't in the near picture. If you've been able to order something please chime in!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts