WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tissot has been the Official Timekeeper for a multitude of major sports, including IIHF Ice Hockey World Championships, MotoGP, Nascar, FIM Superbike World Championship, Cycling, the International Basketball Association (FIBA) the Fencing World Championships and others for many years.

How do you see Tissot presence in the sport section? Do you appreciate it? Is this something that gave you extra value/boost when selecting Tissot?

For me Tissot was no:1 choice when selecting watch. Tissot's 'sport presence' was one of the key drivers but of course Tissot's high quality watches and the long Swiss history affected a lot!

Three key elements for me:
- Swiss background + long history (since 1853)
- High Quality and nice looking watches
- Sport presence (official timekeeper e.g. IIHF, Nascar, MotoGP)

tissot_official.PNG

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
I think Tissot is a comfortable fit for an entry level watch because it has name recognition, and a long history of making quality watches. The sports connection is mostly just paying for advertising, but it doesn't hurt any and makes the watch more recognizable to people who otherwise don't know much about watches. Overall, I agree that Tissot represents good value (especially if one shops for deals on the grey market).

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
I love sports, but Tissot's sports connection doesn't interest me at all. I like the look of quite a few Tissot models. The quality is there, without any outrageous asking-price. But I really wish Tissot would improve their rather poor customer care / service.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm a MotoGP Fan.

I bought a MotoGP T Race.

And so did my friends...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
There are always marketing stuff around events, but whenever there is a statement "Tissot - Official Timekeeper" it should mean that Tissot is responsible for the timing. Official watch is a different topic.

Timing these sports is no easy task, e.g. when racing cars or motorcycles can be separated by only thousandths of a second at the finish line, or fencers touch a millisecond apart. Timing, scoring and statistics in modern sports is not simply a matter of counting down seconds and tallying positions. Analysis and statistics have come to have a tremendous importance for fans, coaches, athletes, commentators, media and more.

Official Timekeeper

tissot-official-timekeeper.PNG

1 - 6 of 6 Posts