WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an old Tissot Watch in the attic. I believe it was a service award for my uncle who was a truck driver. It is absolutely lovely with the head of Hermes (a greek god) on the face of it. Does anyone out there have an idea of its' value?:thanks

·
Registered
409 Posts
Do you have any idea how old this watch may be? Also, is it in working order, automatic or quartz?
If you can post a picture it would be very helpful. :think:
Cheers

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Hi Liz, a picture would be nice indeed.

You upload them using Photobucked..:-!

It makes talking about a watch so much easier..;-)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can someone tell me how to post of picture of my watch. I am a techno-idiot.

·
5,138 Posts
You'll have to upload your image file to a host location. I use Photobucket which is free. www.photobucket.com

Once you've set up an account it's very easy to upload. Simply hit the "Browse" button in their upload area and navigate to the image file on your computer. Then select it and hit "Upload".

Once you've got your pic on Photobucket, it has three categories below the picture. The bottom one should be "Img". Copy the complete contents of that Img box and paste it into the text part of your WUS post. When you select "preview" your picture should appear.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, here's my first attempt at posting a picture of the watch!

If I am very lucky, this might actually work! Thank you Leewmeister for your help!:-!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have any idea how old this watch may be? Also, is it in working order, automatic or quartz?
If you can post a picture it would be very helpful. :think:
Cheers
This watch works like new. I suspect it was awarded to him in the late sixties, or early seventies, as that is when he retired. However, it could be slightly older, as it could have been a longevity award, not a retirement award. As he is gone, I can only guess.

Here is a not so good picture. I will get better with practice I hope!:thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts