WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wanna start by saying I've searched the forums and seen almost identical threads to this one, but they're all pretty old so I'm looking for updated opinions.

I'm trying to decide between the Le Locle and Viewmatic (Silver dial for both) and am having a very hard time. I know they have very similar specs and its mostly a matter of personal taste, but I was just curious as to what everyone thinks. Any feedback is appreciated.

Edit: Also, what's the typical going prices for these? I've seen the Tissot around $400-450 online and the Hamilton for a little more. I recently went to look at both of them in person and the salesperson quoted them at retail, but I didn't negotiate since I wasn't looking to buy.

(Pics aren't mine, sorry about the size)

·
Registered
550 Posts
Tissot; Hammy is too busy with arabic 12,3,6,9, arrow indices, second mark, sub-second marks, and arabic 5, 10, 15 . . . . There are plainer, non-guilloche'd viematics out there that are less busy and I like better.

·
Premium Member
40,679 Posts
Personally, I don't think the textured dial on the Tissot looks as good in real life. Not sure about the Hamilton, but that's what I'd be leaning towards. Is the Hamilton smaller?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replies, looks like its 4-2 in favor of the Hamilton so far. Brad, I actually think the Hamilton is a touch bigger, 39mm vs 40mm.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Personally, I don't think the textured dial on the Tissot looks as good in real life. Not sure about the Hamilton, but that's what I'd be leaning towards. Is the Hamilton smaller?
I agree. I owned one for about two months - I just didn't really care for the way the texture looked on the Tissot. Sharp watch, but just never grew on me. In a dress like watch, I'd also agree that I like them without all the indices and numerals.

·
Registered
12,806 Posts
Of the two the Hammie looks better finished imo.
I've been very close to getting a LeLo in the past but it just doesn't sing to me for some reason.
For the cost it may be worth checking out the higher end Seagull and Beijing.
btw my Vostok Prestige has a similar case/look to the Hammie for way less.....just choice

·
Registered
8,348 Posts
Both nice watches. I have held and tried on both. The Hamilton looked better to me in person. The details looked more refined, and the guilloche integrated better with the applied markers and raised outer track. Nothing wrong with the Tissot, however.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
+1 on the seagull :D

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
+1on the seagull :D

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
I have both the black and white-dialed 40mm Jazzmaster in my collection and while I don't wear them much these days, they are nice watches for the price, so my vote goes to the Hamilton:

Reactions: toloen
1 - 20 of 47 Posts