WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I have just received a Tissot Le Locle that I purchased from an online store (made sure it was one with a generous return policy as I've heard a lot of fake Le Locle stories in my research). Upon receiving it I examined all of the threads in this forum about authenticity of Le Locles (lots of good info, thanks to all who contributed).

Mine passes all of the tests that I can find, but it has an addition that I have not seen anywhere on the forum. On the caseback, under the M in "MECANIQUE", before it says "ETANCHE", it says "3 bar". I can't find this on any other Le Locle on the forum.

Here is an ebay auction for a watch like mine with the 3 bar, though it is a bit hard to see in the pic of the caseback because of the reflection: TISSOT LE LOCLE SWISS MEN'S WATCH AUTOMATIC ALL S.SB | eBay

Is this a newer model? Is it made for another region besides US? Or is it a sign of a fake (don't know why one would add something to a fake, but I've seen some lol bad mistakes on fakes before)?

Any info anyone could give me on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I understand what it means...my concern is that this is not written on any other Le Locles I have seen (besides the one in that ebay link).

·
Registered
695 Posts
I believe this is a new addition to the case backs. You'll find over the coming months that all Tissot technical info will change from WR "m/ft" rating to "bar". Seeing that you've bought a brand new stock piece (hence the QR code), I'd assume it was more cost effective for the factory to add the engraving to existing backs in stock, rather than scrap them and and start again.

Wouldn't worry too much.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Sean! The only other thing different about my watch than others I've seen is that in the packaging, the little shelf in the back has the History of Tissot book, but did not come with a catalog like others. Is there any way to get this catalog from Tissot for completeness' sake?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Thanks Sean! The only other thing different about my watch than others I've seen is that in the packaging, the little shelf in the back has the History of Tissot book, but did not come with a catalog like others. Is there any way to get this catalog from Tissot for completeness' sake?

Thanks again!
These consumer catalogues are giveaways from dealers. Just walk in and ask for one :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Sean,

I am a new one to this forum. I am in Vietnam and i just had my friend pick up a Tissot Le Locle at Jomashop thru ebay. i now realized that my Le Locle has no serial no engraved on the leather strap of it like others that i saw in our local AD in vietnam. Could you please tell me if it is a sign of fake or not? Thank you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Sean,

I am a new one to this forum. I am in Vietnam and i just had my friend pick up a Tissot Le Locle at Jomashop thru ebay. i now realized that my Le Locle has no serial no engraved on the leather strap of it like others that i saw in our local AD in vietnam. Could you please tell me if it is a sign of fake or not? Thank you.
chào anh, em cũng vừa mua con Tissot PRC200 của Jomashop, mã số của nó ở mặt sau cũng nhìn lạ lạ nhưng chắc chắn đó là hàng chính hãng, có thể loạt hàng bên Joma nhập thường là cho riêng thị trường Mỹ hoặc nó là model mới nên đánh mã khác, còn Tissot chính hãng ở Việt Nam tiêu thụ chậm nên còn nhiều hàng tồn, có thể tồn từ năm 2009 chẳng hạn :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts