WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently purchased a Tissot Navigator watch. It has a Lemania 872 (1872) movement. I found a similar watch on an earlier thread on this forum, the watch was produced by Lemania for the Swedish Airforce. The Tissot is basically the same watch, except for a slightly different dial and bezel. If someone could provide me some extra information on this watch, I would really appriciate it.

Thanks,

Johan

Attachments

·
Registered
982 Posts
Hi,

I recently purchased a Tissot Navigator watch. It has a Lemania 872 (1872) movement. I found a similar watch on an earlier thread on this forum, the watch was produced by Lemania for the Swedish Airforce. The Tissot is basically the same watch, except for a slightly different dial and bezel. If someone could provide me some extra information on this watch, I would really appriciate it.

Thanks,

Johan
Congratulations Johan, that's a fantastic watch! I knew the Lemania, but not this Tissot. Great find.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hi Johan,

I agree with Ron, it is a good looking watch and now I have to start monitoring the Tissot Navigator watch now.

I like the look of the two sub dials instead of the 3 sub dials on most of the current chronograph. It gives a very balanced classic look.

Great find and thanks for sharing.

Tommy

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Johan,

I agree with Ron, it is a good looking watch and now I have to start monitoring the Tissot Navigator watch now.

I like the look of the two sub dials instead of the 3 sub dials on most of the current chronograph. It gives a very balanced classic look.

Great find and thanks for sharing.

Tommy
Hello Tommy,

Well good luck. It took me two years to find one. I guess they're very rare.
Personally mine is the only one I ever could hold in my hands. I had seen some pictures of it before though.

Greetz,

Johan

·
Registered
426 Posts
Well good luck. It took me two years to find one. I guess they're very rare.
Personally mine is the only one I ever could hold in my hands. I had seen some pictures of it before though

Johan
Hi Johan,

The dial and the case remind me of some of the older Heuer BUND watches. I am not sure if they use the same movement.

But it is a very nice watch indeed.

I've been scanning the for sale sites and the bay for a while and I have not seen any indeed.

That is a very nice watch and I started to appreciate the balanced look with 2 sub-dials more and more. Even the 7750 or the 5100 movement with the 3 sub-dials looks kind of imbalance to me now.

Wear it in good health.

Tommy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts