WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is your favorite entry level Swiss watch ?
If I missed any company then go ahead and add it.
You might say Oris is above Tissot or Hamilton is above and other but all these are pretty much in the entry level sections on the Swiss makers.
All using standard ETA movement and if I am not mistaking is owned by Swatch.

So which is your favorite ?

·
Registered
112 Posts
I like Oris for their divers, Movado for their dress watches, and Hamilton for basically everything else including dress watches, I am seriously considering their new Intra-matic. My toss up is to get a new watch with old timey looks (Intra-matic or Tissot visiodate) or just get a vintage Omega Seamaster, Loniges, Vulcain cricket etc...

·
Registered
625 Posts
I was gifted a museum dial and I like it well enough for a dress watch, but I LOVE my hamilton jazzmaster, plan on owning a few more hamiltons!

·
Registered
976 Posts
off all those, i will choose Oris. they are do make some great divers and sport watches.
most of the newer Oris are using the slightly modified SW movements, though they do have some in house lately.
i dont think they belong to the swatch group.

Tissot and Hamilton do make some nice dress watches, but i do prefer frederique constant if i m looking for a dress watch; particularly the FC-710.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Oris for Dive and Sport watches. Hamilton and certain higher end Tissots for Dress, office watches.

I wouldnt consider Frederique Constant an entry level swiss brand. They make nice dress watches but the price tag is nearly double that of a Hamilton when it comes to automatics.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
Oris hands down.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I love Hamilton for everything except divers, I'd have to tip my hat to Oris there.

Reactions: falcon4311

·
Registered
486 Posts
I'm not sure that Oris qualifies an entry level swiss watch, maybe a bit more towards mid-level. I like Tissot for sport watches, Hamilton for casual and dress. I don't like Movado at all, never did.

·
Premium Member
6,982 Posts
What Coastie said.
Though I did, at one time, like Movado. In the 90s. The museum watch just seems kind of like a 90s watch, no?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Another vote here for Hamilton.

The Oris watches that I really like tend to be the slightly pricer $3,000+ versions, so not entirely 'entry level'.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I have a few Tissots that I like a lot. I have seen a few very nice Hamilton watches that I consider getting in the near future.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Hamilton is the only brand for which I would happily own any and all of their models. Oris I like as a brand, but not everything they make, as I do with Hamilton.

Also, the rich heritage of Hamilton, on which many of their current designs draw, gives added interest.

Reactions: RedBarchettayyz

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
Oris is my favorite, but I am biased. I am currently smitten with the Hamilton Pan Europ though...

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
I find very little wrong with one of the forum favourites as an entry level Swiss watch.

Tissot Visodate, smooth lugs, white dial, brown leather.

not entirely sure why I haven't bought one yet as it is exactly the sort of thing I like.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Out of those brands, Oris, hands down. Oris got me started on this crazy hobby. Great build quality, beautiful designs, everything.

·
Registered
482 Posts
1. Oris
2. Tissot
3. Hamilton

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Christopher Ward has the best prices and the best warranty and the best customer service for entry-level Swiss watches.

Reactions: WillMK5
1 - 20 of 39 Posts