WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i would like to buy us (me & wife) a same watch for our aniversary. We both like Tissot PR50 automatic for the look and quality for money, arcording to a lot of posts here. Before we head down to the dealer, there are few questions i would like to ask:

1. What are the model of both watches in this thread https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=85582&highlight=pr50

2. I like the one with leather band, do they had one for women as well ? if so what's the model ?

3. Which online store / dealer carry them and roughly what expected price ?

4. in case the model with leather band is not available, can i purchase the metal band and replaced with leather band ? also the metal band watch had model for women as well ?

5. both the watch show in that thread, are they the same thickness ? or which one is thicker than the other ? we prefer thin watch because small wrist.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
hi guys, i would like to buy us (me & wife) a same watch for our aniversary. We both like Tissot PR50 automatic for the look and quality for money, arcording to a lot of posts here. Before we head down to the dealer, there are few questions i would like to ask:

1. What are the model of both watches in this thread https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=85582&highlight=pr50

2. I like the one with leather band, do they had one for women as well ? if so what's the model ?

3. Which online store / dealer carry them and roughly what expected price ?

4. in case the model with leather band is not available, can i purchase the metal band and replaced with leather band ? also the metal band watch had model for women as well ?

5. both the watch show in that thread, are they the same thickness ? or which one is thicker than the other ? we prefer thin watch because small wrist.

Thanks
Check out Tissot's website. It provides model numbers and info on the entire PR 50 line. I believe the first watch shown in the thread you reference is the T34.1.483.31. The second could be the T34.1.423.32 (or it could be an after-market strap--I'm not sure).

The Tissot website will tell you what strap/bracelet/watch combinations you can make, but for what it's worth, it is easy to swap out the metal bracelet for a leather strap. In fact, you will want to make the swap. The bracelet is flimsy and cheap. Probably explains why the watch is so affordable.

Both watches shown in the thread--and my black PR 50 auto--are very thin. My PR 50 is my thinnest watch, actually--it's 8-9 mm, I think. It wears small, but if you have small wrists (sounds like you do...I do too), the watch is perfect for you.

The watch can be found for under $200 through gray dealers. I think I got mine at WatchZone...it was definitely under $200.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Nick1016

Thanks for the info. I did visit Tissot web site and found that the leather bracelet is T34.1.423.32 , but the one with metal band is not T34.1.483.31 . infact i cannot find it in the site, could it be discontinued model ? Also there is no matching model for women in both watches type. Did they make model for women in that line ?

You are right about the thickness. It suit perfectly for small wrists. Under $200 is good price for Swiss automatic.

Thank you

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Hi, Nick1016

Thanks for the info. I did visit Tissot web site and found that the leather bracelet is T34.1.423.32 , but the one with metal band is not T34.1.483.31 . infact i cannot find it in the site, could it be discontinued model ? Also there is no matching model for women in both watches type. Did they make model for women in that line ?

You are right about the thickness. It suit perfectly for small wrists. Under $200 is good price for Swiss automatic.

Thank you
It is a great watch for the price. I wish mine were a little more accurate (+15 seconds a day, which is fine for the base ETA 2824-2 movement)...but of course I could always regulate it, I suppose.

I just rechecked Tissot's website and the T34.1.483.31 is listed, at least if you're in the Americas region. So I don't think it is discontinued. The matching ladies model is the T34.1.283.31, which also appears on the current website (there are also ladies auto models with black dial and white dial/TT bracelet).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi nick1016,

I didn't look at the Tissot site properly. The model is threre for both man and woman. Thank you for the corection. But the T34.1.423.32 model ( leather band) do not had women style. They only had for quartz T34.1.121.32 or T34.1.221.32. Or i am still missing ???

Thank again. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Hi nick1016,

I didn't look at the Tissot site properly. The model is threre for both man and woman. Thank you for the corection. But the T34.1.423.32 model ( leather band) do not had women style. They only had for quartz T34.1.121.32 or T34.1.221.32. Or i am still missing ???

Thank again. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
I think you have it right now. I did not see a ladies auto with the leather strap either. But you could always add a nice strap after you buy the watch...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too. Good luck on the watch front, too, and post some his and hers photos if you go ahead and buy the matching PR 50s.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I just bought my wife a pr50 for Christmas and agree its an exceptional value. I have a 10 yr old pr100 which is my daily beater and has never let me down. I had it regulated about a yr ago and keeps time to with 2 secs per day. I also agree the bracelet, of the pr50, is a bit flimsy so we'll likely replace it. Please post some pics of the pair if you decide to get them and best of luck.

rex

1 - 7 of 7 Posts