WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Everyone,
I want to change my Tissot PR50 Automatic's (black dial) steel bracelet to a leather strap. I am a noob, and I am having trouble with accurately determing the strap size. I carefully measured the space between the lugs and it came to approximately 18-19mm. On one of the watch accessories website I saw they were selling the steel bracelet in 20mm instead of 18mm. This has me slightly confused.
Therefore before ordering my strap I wanted to ask other owners of this watch what size of leather strap do they usually put on this watch, an 18mm or 20mm strap?
I am most probably going to put in a black Hirsch Ascot.

Before ordering my strap I wanted to ask other owners of this watch what size of leather strap do they usually put on this watch?
Should I go ahead and order an 18mm or a different size? Also recommendations for any other nice looking and durable straps are also welcome. I usually ride my bicycle, so a well built and water resistant strap would be necessary.

If anyone could get back to me on this note it would be of great help. For reference I have attached some images for the watch and hirsch strap that I found in google.

best rgrds,
p

PR50_1.jpg PR50_2.jpg 380_watchstrap_Hi-Ascot-SN-schw.jpg img17520uy.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Tissot PR50 Automatic strap recommendation & Sizing Help

Guys, if anyone could help me size the stap accurately I would greatly appreciate it.

sincerest rgrds,
p

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
If you come across an odd number; move up, not down.

If the strap is 18mm, then you will have lots of choices in that exact size. Tissot does, however, use cases that have 19mm lugs. At that point, shop for a 20mm strap. As long as it is not metal, it will fit fine and you won't be able to notice the 1mm miss.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I super-ultra appreciate the informative posts from CADstraps. I have been wanting to visit a watch smith to get the watch accurately sized, but I have not been able to find the time to visit that location. I really want to purchase a Hirsch Ascot for my PR50, and I am getting the best price online. So please guys, I am sure there are dozens of gents on this forum who either own this watch or may have handled it for a short while.
I do not own any precision watch measuring tools to arrive at the proper lug size; therefore, with a steel Ruler I get 18mm, with a tailor's Tape Measure I get 19mm. What size strap should I get? The H. Ascot comes in 18mm, 19mm, and 20mm.

To All PR50 Owners: What leather strap size do you usually put in this watch?

Some input or assistance will be enormously appreciated.

sincerest rgrds,
parallel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts