Thank you for this. It's been annoying me for awhile on my prc200 to the point that I haven't worn it in awhile.You can zero each of the hands on the chronograph dials individually. Here's how:
1) Make sure the chronograph is stopped.
2) Reset the chronograph with the pusher at 4 o'clock. If any of the hands aren't at their "zero" position they'll need to be adjusted.
3) Pull out the winding crown to the first position (date setting position).
4) Push the plunger at the 2 o'clock position. This will advance one of the chrono hands a step at a time. Stop it when the hand is at zero.
5) Push the plunger at the 4 o'clock position. This will adjust another of the chrono dials.
6) Pull the crown out to the second position (time setting position) and use the 2 or 4 o'clock plunger to adjust the final chrono dial.
One of the 4 possible crown/plunger combinations doesn't adjust anything. I don't have a chrono with me at the moment so I'm not sure which crown/plunger combination is the non-functional one. Anyhow, I hope this helps.