WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally enough money to buy a new watch and since it's gonna be my first TISSOT, I'd really like to make an excellent first choice. After visiting theboutiques and trying on different watches, I'm finally down to two models.
Essentially, I'm looking for a watch that isn't too flashy but attracts attention. Something that I can use and wear everyday with casuals. Preferably something that doesn't clash during one of the rarer times when I'm wearing a suit. Both watches are exactly the same in terms of function and capability.

However the PRS 200 has a PVD coating and movable unidirectional bezel. I don't know if this is a huge advantage over the PRC 200 but I'd like some opinion on this. If any of you have owned or considered buying one of these watches, I would extremely appreciate your valuable advice. Thanks.

{Please do comment on the PVD coating and the bezel of the PRS 200}

Option 1: PRC 200 Chronograph Black Dial Black Leather Men's Watch
Link: http://www.jomashop.com/tissot-watch-t0554171605700.html

Option 2: PRS 200 Chronograph Black Dial Men's Watch
Link: http://www.jomashop.com/tissot-prs-200-mens-watch-t0674172605100.html

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
That much RED should never be worn with a suit. Ever. Not even once.
And it's "flashy"

Now to comment on the PVD and bezel, as requested.
PVD is prone to wear/chips etc. Looks terrible eventually.
Big bezels look terrible under a suit coat and bind with dress shirt cuffs.

I actually prefer the PRS for casual wear personally. It's just that I think it needs paired with a simple 3 hander for suit duty.

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
Used to have the old style PRC200. Made a great all-rounder and worked well in the office. If I were you I'd also check out Christopher Ward. The Malvern C3 chronograph is well worth a look, especially in the current limited edition guise (green or purple dials for Wimbledon).

Limited Edition Watches - Christopher Ward

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I have owned a prc 200 for long and loved it...in my opinion it is more versatile, the prs being more sporty...but the prs in person has more of a techy look and offers more interesting presence whereas the prc is more clean and simple in comparison... would take the prs as a sporty choice and the prc as a dressy choice, although they are not dress watches definitely... both durable and reliable in my experience.

·
5,138 Posts
Ditto what Don said about PVD coating. I only have one PVD coated watch and once that coating gets scuffed up, there isn't much you can do about it.

I think the PRC-200 should work out very nicely for the purposes you've described. It is definitely one of Tissot's most popular designs.

·
5,138 Posts
One more thing...

If you think you'll ever want a bracelet, go ahead and buy the watch on a bracelet now. The price difference between the watch with bracelet vs. watch with strap will be fairly small. However, buying a Tissot bracelet separately at a later date may be difficult and will certainly be costly. Aftermarket straps are plentiful, easy to find and can be very affordable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice guys. I did check out Ch. Ward but didn't quite like it. Also I prefer leather over a metal bracelet any day, but this forum has been really helpful. And went out and bought the PRC 200 with the black leather strap :D

Here's a picture:

IMG_20150628_093629.jpg IMG_20150628_093629.jpg

Attachments

·
5,138 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys. I did check out Ch. Ward but didn't quite like it. Also I prefer leather over a metal bracelet any day, but this forum has been really helpful. And went out and bought the PRC 200 with the black leather strap :D
Congrats! Enjoy the watch, it should give you many years of service.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Good choice for your criteria and a great watch

1 - 11 of 11 Posts