WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had my PRS 516 for over five years now, and even though the watch has not been on my wrist every day, its brown leather strap had become quite worn out. I thought I would use it as long as possible, but the stitching along the deployment buckle got torn recently as I was trying to get the watch off. In anticipation of this unfortunate but foreseeable event, I had decided long ago that I would replace the default strap with a Hirsch Rally, which closely resembles the original one. However, I had to find out that the production of the Rally has been discontinued.

The retailer said they would attempt to hunt one down, but that would have taken days, and I was anxious to be able to wear the watch on my wrist again, so I decided to choose a different strap on the spot and have the watch put on it. Initially, I was looking at a Hirsch Liberty because its brown tone carried a trace of similarity to the original strap, but then the Hirsch Carbon attracted my attention, and although it is largely different from the default Tissot strap, it seemed a good choice because it has a sporty feeling to it, plus it is water resistant, so it will presumably last for at least another five years. After I had bought the Carbon, I thought I could have chosen the one with red stitching to match the red used on the dial, but since then I have grown accustomed to its appearance; in fact, I quite like it and no longer wish to have red stitching.

Tissot PRS 516 on Hirsch Carbon.JPG

Tissot PRS 516 on Hirsch Carbon (2).JPG

Tissot PRS 516 on Hirsch Carbon (4).JPG

Tissot PRS 516 on Hirsch Carbon (3).JPG

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
absolute beauty...carbon goes well with motor sports,just as the PRS516 does :) lovely watch on a brilliant strap :)

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Your new strap looks good on the watch.

The news about the discontinuance of the Rally is not good. I've been wanting, but putting off, to replace the metal band on my PRS516 with a brown Rally strap. This combo:

+

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m glad you guys like it.

3th3r, I would say you should try to get the Rally. Although I no longer see it listed on Hirsch’s website, maybe it’s still not too late. Some watch shops may have it in stock.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is a recent shot of my PRS 516, which holds up pretty well after nearly eight years of use. The funny thing is I did not set the hands to be in the “proper” position. The photo was actually taken at 10:10 (pm).

DSC_0059.JPG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts