WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks! :)

Bought PRS 516 quartz today.

Tried to google about using a retrograde tachymetre and it looks like I found out that there's something wrong with the second hand: in the 'go' position it points to twelve o'clock, while the scale is from 9 till 3 o'clock.

Could please anybody tell me am I so stupid that I can't realize how the tachymetre works in this model or it is an issue with the watch? o|

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The PRS516 Retrograde uses the G15.261 mvmt which I believe can be tuned with the method as the G10.211.

- Pull the crown to the second position
- Press the push-button under the crown to tune the seconds-hand for the Chronograph to the starting position, in this case at 9 o'clock.
Thanks mate!
I was about to post that I've read the instruction and found how to solve this 'problem' when I saw your answer. :)

Thank you very much, the 'problem' is solved. :)

BTW (offtop maybe) - Is this ability to setup the Chrono made for simplifying the production of the movement or is there some use for setting the 'go' position to something different then the beginning of the scale? Just can't imagine how this may be used :)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Thanks mate!
BTW (offtop maybe) - Is this ability to setup the Chrono made for simplifying the production of the movement or is there some use for setting the 'go' position to something different then the beginning of the scale? Just can't imagine how this may be used :)
:think: Err... I do not have an answer for that, I always thought its there to correct the chronograph counters, just in case they are off.

Btw, congratulations on the purchase of PRS516, they are very popular around the forum. :-!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agree about correcting, but is it so even for over-$9000 watches or do they have some special super-'never-off'-reliable movements?

Thanks for congratulations, actually I was about to buy PR50 Titanium or maybe PRC200, but then I've spotted PRS516 and it was the love at first sight :).

The more I wear it, the more I love it. :)

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Those very expensive Chronograph u mentioned are most often than not Automatic Chronograph (e.g. V7750) which are more expensive and more highly regarded by watch collectors due to their advanced mechanical engineering. Even so, u need not pay $9000 to get one ...

As far as I have read, they are not more accurate than Quartz Chrono.

THE HEQ (High-End-Quartz) though are at a different level but I have very limited knowledge on them :-d

1 - 6 of 6 Posts