WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18,182 Posts
what do you think about this watch?
The movement appears to be a Tissot 2571 automatic. Dr. Ranfft says they were made from '72 to '80. These represent movements that were designed just before the quartz shakeup hit the Swiss. They are generally reliable, good runners that represent one of the acmes of Swiss horology. Their durability means, baring abuse, they run as well today as they did new.

They are one of the most cost effective, good running watches available today. You can pick them up for less than what folks are paying for new Chinese-based watches. Amazing bargains.

I suspect you have a refinished dial... this looks like some of the refurbed "NOS" watches coming out of the PI. But maybe this is well preserved! I don't recall green dials being popular in the '70s so maybe this one did sit in a drawer...

Of course the caseback uses the old Tissot logo from the 50's and doesn't match the dial which uses the logo which was used through the '60s and '70s... etc. So this may be a Frankenwatch (assembled from parts). Where did you get it?

G

·
Mine dates back to 1969. Got it mint from a jeweler in Italy who sold out his stock which has grown over the years.

·
Registered
18,182 Posts
Mine dates back to 1969. Got it mint from a jeweler in Italy who sold out his stock which has grown over the years.
If it was bigger, this could be the original Orange Monster! :-d

Tissot of this era did take some chances with colorful designs |>

·
Registered
18,182 Posts
Thanks for informations... :)
Do you have other pictures of colorful Tissot?
Here is a nice one I got NOS from a dealer in Israel.
The case is ceramic!
As Far As I Know, this is the first attempt at a ceramic case by a Swiss watchmaker.
(Tissot was always innovative.)

And here is a MultiFunction with a vibrant color selection ...
Note the transparent section of the minute hand so that when it is over the digital display, it does not obstruct it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts