WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Way back in may 2011, when I was just a new collector/hobby watchmaker - I started this thread:

https://www.watchuseek.com/f11/johnny-monkey-saddest-tissot-538368.html

Ah my naivety hurts :-d

May 2011:

IMG_7601.jpg

Well, it has taken the best part of 7 years of occasional looking to find a replacement dial and bezel - and I finally finished putting it back together this afternoon. Its not perfect but it feels like a well aged example, and I'll enjoy wearing it.

March 2018:

IMG_2759.jpg

IMG_2770.jpg

IMG_2757.jpg

This hobby needs patience!

·
Premium Member
12,939 Posts
very nice restoration

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

The real story here (not sure if it was clear in the link) was that this watch came scattered across a number of boxes - when I bough the sweepings out of a watchmaker's drawers. It took some time to find all the bits that are in the first photo.

Anyway, am happily wearing it today - I wasn't sure this one would ever make it back onto a wrist.

One other nice thing is that it has an engraving on the back - for an Island right at the bottom of NZ. Fun.

Cheers.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well I have now finished it’s sister, a valjoux 7734 with date. You’ll recognise some bits I found in the old 2011 thread....

Attachments

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
wow long project but worth the result, Jonny monkey wonder what happened to him he knew his Tiissot watches , nice sister watch. Did you ever finish the Omega speedmaster or is that another thread in years to come lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts