WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts
I didn't see this before tackling a battery change on my t touch. I was cleaning the back plate with the pressure sensor and thought it was grime over the sensor, so I cleaned it. Dumb move I know. know can I cover the pressure sensor with something (silicone?) before reassembly? Many thanks for any help.

Hope this thread is alive :) I was gifted a rather old z251/351 model, it was in their drawer for a very long time with no use. I replaced the battery following the instructions from here, and watch worked for two days perfectly. Then one morning it died. Someone in a thread I started about this suggested that the battery short circuited somehow, and suggested I'm missing a piece of adhesive plastic that prevents the battery from shorting out. Can someone please post a photo of where that plastic suppose to be, I do not have it in my movement right now, and it wasn't stuck to the old battery either. Trying to figure out if I can dyi the piece myself.

Help is much appreciated!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
I have not noticed the plastic bit under the battery contact until I read this thread. It makes sense to isolate battery from PCB so here is the photo of how I found it.

It was the existing battery, I just put it right back in. When buying new batteries, I like Renata batteries myself.

I'd love to see how the expert model is different from the old regular T-Touch. Alas, I don't have the $$$ to buy a T-Touch expert! :-(
do you know where to buy the battery cover, the mesh on the back cover and the o-rings
below is my email
juanomana2781@gmail.com

Came here to say thanks. My father gave me his old T-Touch. Replaced the battery quite easily, but the T button (middle) did not work at all. It was impossible to synchro the hands and digital display. And also impossible to turn on/off the alarm.

I removed the module as per your instructions, which were superbly clear.

After quite a bit of examining, I noticed the connector of the middle button did work when I pushed it with the screwdriver, but not with the button. The top of the connector needs to be slightly bent. The + and - were, but the one for the T had perhaps been pushed too hard and it undid that bend. When you push the T button, the pressure from the button is applied lower on the connector, which makes that bend crucial to make the connection. I simply used mini pliers to bend ever so slightly. BAM! Now it works again like it's new. I was able to synchro it and everything.

So if your Tissot T-Touch T button is not working... You might want to try this! Thought it might help others.

Thank you!

61 - 66 of 66 Posts