WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

New to Tissot and thinking of getting a T-Touch Expert Pilot. I'm not keen on metal straps and like the leather pilot straps as I have on my Steinhart Chrono.

Looking at the Tissot website I cannot find the watch lug width, anybody have any ideas?

I note that all leather straps seem to be 'sculpted' and that the watch strap width is actually wider than the lug width, but cut out. Is it possible to fit a standard leather watch strap on this watch? Or is it possible to simply cut out to the appropriate shape a standard watch strap - and what width would I need?

Or does anyone mke straps for this watch (in the pilot style like the steinhart MARON Vintage Pilot)?

Thanks,
KB

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I guess no one here goes past the (reportedly) rubbish leather strap that Tissot offer at exorbitant prices. At least I found out that the lug width is 21mm (strange size).

I will see if James at JPHStraps can fashion me a strap when the time comes.

·
Banned
5,821 Posts
Well I guess no one here goes past the (reportedly) rubbish leather strap that Tissot offer at exorbitant prices. At least I found out that the lug width is 21mm (strange size).

I will see if James at JPHStraps can fashion me a strap when the time comes.
You probably would get more help in the watch strap section, but here's my experience: 22mm straps generally work great on 21mm lugs. There are a few 21mm strap manufacturers out there but as you've probably noticed, the selection isn't as good.

Will

1 - 3 of 3 Posts