WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, newbie here!

I just purchased my first watch and its a Tissot Tradition T063.637.16.057.00. I think I got a pretty good deal from Certified Watch Store <http://www.certifiedwatchstore.com/> but a little unsure now that I've got the watch in my hands.

First of all, let me say that the watch looks genuine. I have done some research on WatchUSeek already and based on what others have said about spotting a fake Tissot, this one doesn't seem to have any visual discrepancies. My concern is about what came with the watch. Its like any other Tissot box but there was no User Manual included. Instead, there are 2 booklets at the bottom of the box, one titled "The story of a watch company" and the other seems like a catalogue, titled "In touch with your time". While the catalogue seems to be printed on proper quality paper, the "story" is printed on light-brown paper, much too cheap, in my opinion, for Tissot quality. Does this sound right? I will update the post with pics later (just don't have my camera's USB at the moment).

The absence of a user manual or a warranty certificate is another issue. Having said that, I understand the warranty will not be covered by Tissot due to the merchant not being AD. I just want to make sure the watch is genuine and not a fake.

·
Registered
127 Posts
There should be:

The book and catalogue that you mention (yes, the book by Estelle Fallet is printed on cheap paper).
A Tissot branded felt storage bag (located under the lid of the box at the front).
A manual, a warranty booklet (both small and thick) and a warranty card. These are located inside the pull-down side flaps of the box.
Mine also has a small booklet about Tissot as a world championship official timekeeper, but this may depend upon when and where the watch was bought.
The watch should be presented on a white cushion and the box protected by a "Tissot Timeline" cardboard sleeve.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks CystalBall. I didn't realize those side flaps were pull-down. I found the warranty, user manual and the Official Timekeeper booklet just as you mentioned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts