WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I just wanted to start a discussion on the movement of the Tissot V8. I have a beautiful specimen which was actually my first decent quality watch. I have the one with the black dial and the ss bracelet and have always received compliments on this one. I loved this watch to bits up until I recently when I came across a forum talking about the G10 movements, which my watch is equipped with, and how it was a relatively cheap pedestrian movement fit for kmart watches L I must say I was very disappointed especially since I expected great things from my V8. I bought this watch when I was relatively clueless about watches (didn't even know the difference between a mechanical and a quartz) and THIS is the watch the fueled my desire to learn more about watches. Right now I would love an auto PRS516 or similar but unfortunately at the expense of my beloved V8… Because I just can't get over what this guy said about its movement! That is an area I must admit I haven't done much reading on…Never really looked at different calibers and what they offered (cept maybe Grand Seiko 9f's etc). Can someone help me restore my faith in the movement so that my beloved Tissot & I can go back to "the way we were…" The movement caliber is G10.211
Regards
p.s. I'll post some pictures up as soon as I get time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I actually just ordered a V8. Dont sweat it. It is a quartz movement. When you are comparing quartz movements, you are talking about differences of fractions of a second different per day. Bottom line, almost any quartz movement is going to be far more accurate than even the most accurate mechanical movement. At the end of the day, the movement is made by ETA so you know it will be reliable. A word of advice, if you are comparing quartz watches, don't even consider the movement as an option. All quartz watches are extremely accurate and reliable. Just buy the watch you like the best.

It bugs me when people split hairs over the quality of a quartz movement. At the end of the day it is highly unlikely they will be able to tell a difference between two different movements.

When it comes to quartz watches the most important features(IMO) are the materials and the fit and finnish. Movement should not be in the equation. Timex has been making dirt cheap, extremely accurate quartz watches for ages so who cares if your watch has a K-Mart movement. That just means it is more accurate than any production Rolex!

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
my v8 has been my most set and foget watch in my whole watchbox and it only strays 2-3 per month

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

I actually just ordered a V8. Dont sweat it. It is a quartz movement. When you are comparing quartz movements, you are talking about differences of fractions of a second different per day. Bottom line, almost any quartz movement is going to be far more accurate than even the most accurate mechanical movement. At the end of the day, the movement is made by ETA so you know it will be reliable. A word of advice, if you are comparing quartz watches, don't even consider the movement as an option. All quartz watches are extremely accurate and reliable. Just buy the watch you like the best.

It bugs me when people split hairs over the quality of a quartz movement. At the end of the day it is highly unlikely they will be able to tell a difference between two different movements.

When it comes to quartz watches the most important features(IMO) are the materials and the fit and finnish. Movement should not be in the equation. Timex has been making dirt cheap, extremely accurate quartz watches for ages so who cares if your watch has a K-Mart movement. That just means it is more accurate than any production Rolex!

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice one! Whoa an old thread of mine resurrected...makes me realise how much I've learnt in around 10 months here on WUS...I did sell the V8 to get the PRS516 which I love btw. Bought a Bulova Precisionist as a daily beater with an interesting (but over-hyped) quartz movement. And yea I don't pay too much attention to quartz movements anymore unless I'm looking at HAQ's. The V8 line is a lovely line and I personally prefer it to its more popular sibling the PRC200. Anyway Tissot make excellent quality watches ;-) I trust the Visodate goes well Mike...

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
yes love the. Visodate got a few divers latley an OM a helson and a deepblue recon

How's things by you

QUOTE=The Naf;5941711]Nice one! Whoa an old thread of mine resurrected...makes me realise how much I've learnt in around 10 months here on WUS...I did sell the V8 to get the PRS516 which I love btw. Bought a Bulova Precisionist as a daily beater with an interesting (but over-hyped) quartz movement. And yea I don't pay too much attention to quartz movements anymore unless I'm looking at HAQ's. The V8 line is a lovely line and I personally prefer it to its more popular sibling the PRC200. Anyway Tissot make excellent quality watches ;-) I trust the Visodate goes well Mike...[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All good. Usually hang out in the affordables forum these days (lovely people there). Recieved a C5 MKII from my lovely Mrs as an Anniversary present and expecting another lil one :-D

·
Registered
317 Posts
Naf's old V8 is still going strong and being worn quite regularly!

Congrats to everyone expecting little ones - hope it all goes well.

Reactions: MikeCfromLI

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a daughter due any moment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Congratulations! Hope all goes well.

Naf's old V8 is still going strong and being worn quite regularly!

Congrats to everyone expecting little ones - hope it all goes well.
Thats good to hear ;-)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.