WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Last night I bought a Tissot Visodate secondhand on eBay. I plan on swapping out the strap, and need something in 20mm, brown leather (I prefer honey brown), white stitching and with the best possible quality for under £40. So far I am thinking either Hirsch Liberty or Colareb Venezia. I’ve had the Colareb before on a cheap Bulova open-heart my wife has now claimed, and I’ve got to say it turned a pretty cheap looking watch into something quite beautiful (I’ll attach a photo because why not). Looking for the most comfortable and quality strap for the price, either one of these or any you can suggest! Would also consider a racing strap with white stitching - no crocs because I already have a blue orient sun and moon on a blue croc strap and want some variation. Thanks in advance, Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I have a Hirsch Liberty and love it. I had a Colareb and while it is comfortable and nice quality, what I didn't like is how it instantly shows "line" for "cracks" in the leather, but you probably already know this since you have one. I realize it's due to the "suede" texture of the strap, but I just didn't like that look.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Honey brown, is a great color choice!

However, far from an expert in fashion, I'm not sure the style of the Liberty goes well with the Visodate. Difficult to come by in 20mm, the Colareb Ocher (no white stitching though) may be of interest to you. I usually wear black/black stitching with mine, or sometimes a Haveston M1936 with polished hardware for fun.

Not your style, but I like it during the Summer.

IMG_3387.jpg

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Another great strap is the rios1931 Havana in cognac color, I have it on my Orient Star Classic and wear it on my sarb035 and love it. Here is a pic on my sarb035

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All good points and very much appreciated - I’m especially liking Rios1931!!

What are your opinions on these two? Both seem a little thicker, and am not keen on the idea of a pigskin strap (although that may just be in my head)

Montana Cognac - Buffalo grain

Kaluga Racing Strap

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I like the Hirsch Buffalo too! How does the quality compare to Rios1931? Would it be possible to get a wrist shot please?

·
Registered
504 Posts
I like the Hirsch Buffalo too! How does the quality compare to Rios1931? Would it be possible to get a wrist shot please?

IMG_3414 (1).JPG

IMG_3417.JPG

IMG_3420.JPG

Not really a fan myself, but I just don't wear browns well; especially in Summer short sleeves. The stitching is more tan-like, or natural, than white in color. IMO something else would bring out the dial a bit better (at least on my skin tone). I'm probably at bit older than you and the Suns taken it's toll on my arms.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
All good points and very much appreciated - I’m especially liking Rios1931!!

What are your opinions on these two? Both seem a little thicker, and am not keen on the idea of a pigskin strap (although that may just be in my head)

Montana Cognac - Buffalo grain

Kaluga Racing Strap

I have been very pleased with rios. I don’t have the buffalo one, but seriously the pig skin is fantastic. I actually got a great deal on amazon or eBay can’t remember which but I posted about it when I got it, something like $15 on sale

Look for a thread started by me last June titled LOVE RIOS1931

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for the shots, think its only a matter of time before I give Hirsch a try, but for now I think Rios1931 wins out. Will try the Montana Cognac and post pics for anyone who wants to see the product of all your advice. Cheers guys!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I’m starting to think that this strap might be too thick for this watch at 6mm tapering to 3mm, would the 3.5mm to 3mm Havana be more suited?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I’m starting to think that this strap might be too thick for this watch at 6mm tapering to 3mm, would the 3.5mm to 3mm Havana be more suited?

The 3.5 to 3.0 is much better, I had a rios1931 6.0 to 3.0 and didn’t care for the thickness

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks great - use it in good health!
If you don't mind can you say what you paid for the watch on ebay? I'm thinking about unloading mine to make some room in collection.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Don’t mind at all, I got it on a bid for £175.00, seems about right looking at the completed listings

1 - 19 of 19 Posts