WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying a watch. I have two choices which both i like. Certina ds podium and Tissot prc 200. Which do you think is a better choice for everyday use?

·
Moderator at Large
53,097 Posts
I'd say they are on par. Go for the one which is most appealing to you.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I like the Certina better, the pushers and the second-hand-counterbalance on the Tissot don't do it for me. Both decent watches though, best of luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^That`s a nice watch! Tissot is a bit too flashy and sporty. Certinas look is more timeless. Next week i will see both watches together and make my decision.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I have 2 Tissots, although different models than the one you have selected. They are great watches, I am happy with them. I have no experience with a Certina, so I really can't comment. Don't worry about a Tissot being more common, I have my oldest one for close to 2 years and have yet to run into another Tissot owner on the street, although I have received alot of compliments on the watch. Good luck.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Do not know about the Tissot, but I've heard that Certina servicing (battery change) is quite expensive (1/3 of price of a new watch)

·
Registered
283 Posts
They have to change the gaskets as well, to keep the WR, and those are expensive (for Certina)

·
Registered
6,683 Posts
The tachymetre detail on the bezel of the Certina makes it the winner, IMO.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have 2 tissot watches and I try to compare with certina that my friend own it. So far certina has a bit high quality than tissot. Look to your model, certina has Tachymeter. Finally I vote for Certina :)

·
Banned
1,888 Posts
Tissot definitely has an aura of "my first Swiss Watch" about it. Certina have done some decent stuff and the styling is more assured and authoritative. Assuming the mvt is up to par, I'd recommend the Certina. I've handled a few in-store and I very nearly bought one.....until I saw a Deco Tonneau Mido, which was far more my style.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have 2 tissot watches and I try to compare with certina that my friend own it. So far certina has a bit high quality than tissot. Look to your model, certina has Tachymeter. Finally I vote for Certina :)
Tissot also has a tachymeter under the glass. In the shop they said that the certina is better finished and the gaskets on the pushers are better. They said that if the pusher is somehow left up it holds water better than Tissot.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
3742-certina-ds-podium-3029.jpg This is what I bought. I know it isn`t one of my first choices. But when I saw the watches live, this one I liked most. I`m very happy with my new watch. Thanks for your opinions and replies.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts