WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any experience with Titan Automatic?
Their new collection looks quite nice, but I've got no idea how to purchase a Titan online outside India. Besides, the brandname is too confusing for search engines.
Will appreciate your opinion / advice.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Just looking at them. What does the strap "Fake Solid" mean? The prices range from $50 to $95 dollars.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
First of all, @Lord K - Welcome to WUS and the Affordable watches forum :-!

Titan is pretty well known here and although I dont have one yet, they are considered pretty reliable. If you want, I can inspect the model you are referring to and let you know.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Damn! They seem o have some really cool models on their site. I had no idea!
Have a look at this http://www.titanworld.com/collections and let me know the model number because I cant find Imprint Automatic anywhere online :-s

·
Registered
2,516 Posts

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,952 Posts
Their new collection looks quite nice, but I've got no idea how to purchase a Titan online outside India. Besides, the brandname is too confusing for search engines.
The open-heart model with the visible escape-wheel appears to used the Liaocheng F-series movement. The open-heart with big-date, and with dual-time, looks like the Shanghai 2L (which is better than the F-series). The open-heart with retrograde day and date, and retrograde date and power-reserve, appears to be the Sea-Gull ST25 (which is better than the 2L). The hand-winding full-skeleton appears to be the Hangzhou 9000-series.

They all look like great watches, but what I find particularly interesting is that Titan have until now been a partner with Citizen and sourced most of their movements from Miyota for local assembly in India, whereas these new mechanicals use Chinese movements and the case and dial styles match those offered by Chinese manufacturers.

To be honest, if I was going to buy Titan, I'd go for the Edge quartz. It's designed and built entirely in-house by Titan, and is the thinnest watch currently in production. And it looks amazing on the wrist.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Ok, so i just had my lunch break so decided to go to the Titan showroom. They had the automatic watches there. I am not an expert in movements so I can't say which movements they were using. They seem to be pretty decent. The dial was around 40-42mm and the case looks a lil thick. I'd rate the overall finish a 7 out of 10. They didn't have the skeleton automatic though. Really wanted to see that :-(

Price was in the range of $220-300. They were offering a 20% discount too if you would exchange an old watch. I think I can get it for cheaper from my local watch guy.

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
I have a Titan quartz .I think I got it off of Amazon( no, It was from overstock) at least 3 years back.Have you tried British E Bay.It might be called Ebay U.K.This might offer some possibilities because of Britains former relationship with India.

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,134 Posts

There are some really interesting watches in the Titan line. Overstock usually has a lot of them for reasonable prices and I understand the quality is quite good. This one is good looking and intriguing because of the hour markers with an extra zero. At $40.00 they are a deal imho. And below is a really nice looking one from their new collection. Sure wish they had a bigger internet presence.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Just got this from an online Indian newspaper - The watch movements are imported from PTS Resources and Sea Gull Watch Manufacturing Group of China.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This one is good looking and intriguing because of the hour markers with an extra zero. At $40.00 they are a deal imho. And below is a really nice looking one from their new collection. Sure wish they had a bigger internet presence.

This one is a keeper!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts