WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fancy a blue diver as my next watch and have narrowed it down to three titanium models.
I wasn't planning on a titanium watch but it just so happens that these three are all titanium so it looks like that's what I'll be getting. Might be a nice change as all my other watches are stainless steel and as I have small wrists titanium might feel better being lighter.
Anyway these three are available for roughly the same price and have similar size (the Samurai being the largest) so I would like anyones opinion if you have owned any of them or just have a preference for the looks of any of them.
One is automatic as are most of my watches, the other two are solar powered. All have solid link bracelets with push button clasp.

Which should I go for?

Seiko Samurai

Citizen Air Diver

Seiko Scuba Solar

·
Registered
284 Posts
I`ll vote for The Samurai, its the boss of those three IMO

But they all seem to nice, so no loosers in this game:-!

Lauri

·
Registered
345 Posts
the solar seiko doesnt have solid end links :( that would be my first choice :)
ill go for the citizen.. why ?! because i dont have to wear it daily to keep it charged :D

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
I agree with my fellow poster--all winners in the bunch.

The Citizen should have the Duratect titanium finish, which should prove to be much more scratch resistant than the other two in consideration...but be careful...I've read that some of the units of that Citizen Air Diver do not have the Duratect hardening finish, depending on where the watch was manufactured. Higuchi sells the Japanese domestic market model, which does have the Duratect finish.

How big is your wrist? The Samurai is considerably bigger than the other two, and that might factor into your decision. The Sammy's too big for my wrist...but it certainly does have some beautifully distinctive touches to it, doesn't it?

I just bought a Citizen PMT56-2713, which has the Duratect finish, and it looks fabulous...and should continue to look fabulous for a long time. Sadly, it's a discontinued model, but Seiya(kseiya.com) was able to source it for me. He's another outstanding seller in Japan, highly recommended.
This watch has made me a huge fan of Citizen and especially of its Promaster line...and this forum's got me thinking waaay too much about watches! I'm already thinking about what my next watch might be...forum bad! :-d

Good luck with your decision! Whichever way you go, you'll be very pleased!

·
Registered
783 Posts
i vote for the samurai! as i am purchasing a white dial one after i get my 007. my wrist is just over 6 inches in diameter, but that hasnt stopped me from wearing g shocks and my most recent monster all day wich i think is pretty big.
big watches are cool in my mind, better than having a watch the size of a penny on your wrist that you cant see time on. :-d and that blue looks great!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My wrist size is 6.5" but I have watches from 38mm up to 42mm the biggest of which is the Orange Monster followed closely by the SKX007. The smallest is a Seiko Spirit.
The largest watch I have owned is a Citizen calibre 2100 which was a great watch but I decided was slightly too large :-(

I don't think the Samurai would be too big ;-)

·
Registered
783 Posts
My wrist size is 6.5" but I have watches from 38mm up to 42mm the biggest of which is the Orange Monster followed closely by the SKX007. The smallest is a Seiko Spirit.
The largest watch I have owned is a Citizen calibre 2100 which was a great watch but I decided was slightly too large :-(

I don't think the Samurai would be too big ;-)
welp looks like you have decided my friend. its a great watch either way. or you can buy all thre and where the other two one your ankles haha. that way if you fold your legs when you sitting down and forgot to wear a watch on your right of left hand, your still covered. :-!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
welp looks like you have decided my friend. its a great watch either way. or you can buy all thre and where the other two one your ankles haha. that way if you fold your legs when you sitting down and forgot to wear a watch on your right of left hand, your still covered. :-!
:-! :-d

·
Registered
397 Posts
Air Diver |>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts