WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

What do you intend to do with your preordered titanium square?

• Imma gonna sell it for a profit.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Imma gonna keep it.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I ain't gonna buy one.

Votes: 57 73.1%
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,034 Posts
Wellllllllll.........

I am/was out of the running for these, but may have eased myself back in for a camo......

I have sent a request to my favourite “casiocrack” dealer, and will see if I get in.......

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
I can't keep up with you high rollers. Looking forward to your real world photos though. |>

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,354 Posts
As I stated before, I'm likely going to pass on the TI squares. The plain TI square looks too similar to the last anniversary square. That said, I really like the camo square now, but at its current price (maybe if it were closer to the TFC's price, I'd go all-in) I'm going to just sit back and enjoy it vicariously through others' pics.

·
Premium Member
9,011 Posts
I can't keep up with you high rollers. Looking forward to your real world photos though. |>

....says one of the highest of the high-rollers! :-d:-d:-d

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
Hard decision. I want it, could get it, and I know if I eventually fall out of love with it resale will not be an issue.. but I just cannot bring myself to fork out the premium for what is being offered. The biggest motivating factor for me is the fear that later on I will suffer a case of crippling regret for not buying it. Maybe I should bookmark this post for 10 years down the road...or actually, maybe I shouldn't.

·
Registered
5,681 Posts
....says one of the highest of the high-rollers! :-d:-d:-d
I'm a has been, brother. I gotta box full of old Casios and a few shiny ones here and there. This is a young man's game. :-d Like you, I'm downsizing my collection and just keeping the gems. Also getting back into Citizen and Seiko more. Keeps things fresh.

·
Premium Member
9,011 Posts
I'm a has been, brother. I gotta box full of old Casios and a few shiny ones here and there. This is a young man's game. :-d Like you, I'm downsizing my collection and just keeping the gems. Also getting back into Citizen and Seiko more. Keeps things fresh.

Yeah brother, I have to agree. If I didn't already have a TFC and an MR-G, I'm sure I'd be all-in. But I do have them, and am very happy with them. I'm on the downslope of this whole 'collecting' thing, anyway, at this point in time. ;-) So, the newer and/or younger members can have fun and I'll enjoy their photos. :)

·
Registered
Unabashed Casio G-Shock fanboy
8,354 Posts
Hard decision. I want it, could get it, and I know if I eventually fall out of love with it resale will not be an issue.. but I just cannot bring myself to fork out the premium for what is being offered. The biggest motivating factor for me is the fear that later on I will suffer a case of crippling regret for not buying it. Maybe I should bookmark this post for 10 years down the road...or actually, maybe I shouldn't.
I feel pretty much the same way. I also wouldn't worry about missing out on this piece. My biggest G-Shock regret is passing on the GW-T5030C, and about six years later, I'm okay with it. There'll always be another "must-have" down the line in this hobby. For me, the GMW-B5000-TFC was as expensive as I was willing to go with metal squares.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pre ordered the TB because of FOMO. The t5030c was my grail but way out of reach. Hopefully Casio does an affordable TI that I can daily.

·
Premium Member
4,077 Posts
I’ll get my pleasure from the photos that will be shared here. I am beginning to get more of my kicks with the vintage pieces anyway, whether they be Casio, Seiko, Citizen , Pulsar, or whatever. Digging for gold in vintage world is keeping me young (not really, but it is helping to keep me going!).

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
I was in early on the TB, but decided to get out. Happy I did actually because I ended up getting the gold full metal instead. I never would've gotten it otherwise. Now I have my eyes set on the blue with resin strap.

> everything else

·
Registered
454 Posts
I pre-ordered the camo at full price because I want to wear it. I'd be surprised if the flippers go bananas here.

I'm in Australia so flipping is a huge PITA for not a lot of reward but I should be able to offload it without too much of a loss if it sucks. I don't even know if they'll be retailed here. Also, clicking around trying to find some kind of discount from an international dealer that is going to punch me for shipping doesn't make much sense. I can get it reliably, hassle-free at full price with free shipping. 30%+ maybe worth it but that isn't going to happen on this model anyway.

I can accept that you gotta pay to play and a lot of work has gone into what is a pretty unique piece. I also accept that view is firmly in the minority in the g-shock market, so these are unlikely to be a runaway success. As such, I'd be surprised if these become anything beyond a limited, one-time run.

Casio do bombard the market with releases and most are very affordable so it is easy to accumulate items that you regret at times like these. I have 7 resins that I don't wear. So one titanium at 1.6k that I wear makes a lot more sense than 7 resins (probably around 1.5-2k total, maybe higher) that I don't really wear.

If we're honest with ourselves, we've all spent a lot more than 1.6k on stuff that's a bit more marginal a proposition than these. There are guys posting about the price of these pieces that routinely flex intimidating gshock and square collections (measured in the dozens in some cases) with custom this and custom that LRC. The steels at 170g and $500+ are more questionable than these titaniums IMHO and I'm glad I held off.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I have the camo on pre-order. I had my eye on a metal square for a long time, and this seems to be the best one (yet). Expensive, sure, but I like that Casio continues to improve its lineup and I'm willing to vote for it with my wallet.

Lastly, I haven't bought a Casio since last November so one could argue that its overdue. :)

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
I feel pretty much the same way. I also wouldn't worry about missing out on this piece. My biggest G-Shock regret is passing on the GW-T5030C, and about six years later, I'm okay with it. There'll always be another "must-have" down the line in this hobby. For me, the GMW-B5000-TFC was as expensive as I was willing to go with metal squares.
Sound advice and I absolutely agree 🙂

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
Well, I'd like one, if I could actually get hold of one. :roll:
I prerecorded paid an AD in full for a TFC and still couldn't get hold of one.
I'm not sure who will be stocking them here in the UK, besides the G-Shock stores in London.
Oh well, I suppose if I'm meant to get one.....

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
You're a funny man...in terms of what I bought this year it was a fraction of what I had ordered last year...in other words, the only two high end models I got was the red carbon gravity master and the rainbow mtg. The other notables didn't exceed over 380USD...so if I had to put it simply I was on a diet. These could be my final watch purchases of the year that is unless I can get my hands on the Christmas themed low end models that were recently announced I would be even happier if not I'd be fine with just these.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 97 Posts