WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be a bad idea to get a titanium watch to wear on a daily basis. Because the metal is softer, will it get scratched up quickly?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a titanium that i wear in rotation. no problems with scratches. if anything, it hides scratches more than polished stainless. It's noticeably lighter weight also. If the model you looking at is big 48mm+, it might be nice to have it in Ti.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I have both, and find that neither one is particularly more scratch-resistant vs the other, especially for the polished finish on most Panerais. In fact, I prefer the matte titanium finish on my Pam 25 vs the Pam 24 - so I suppose it's purely preferential but I can confirm that a titanium watch does not scratch easier than a stainless steel one. If you want something scratch-resistant, perhaps you can look for tungsten, which is very scratch-resistant but is prone to cracks instead (believe Lum-Tec has one range)

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Ive had a couple of TI watches, no issues with scratching (both brushed/matte) and a Pam 176 incoming ... Id need a lot of comvincing to buy a Pam in polished steel, I just think the ti is a much better visual fit (mostly)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts