WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sovil Et Titus used to be a watch brand from Geneve back in 1800s. Now it is bought by a Hong Kong company and produces mainstream affordable watches.

The latest, their 1887 collection (i.e. the year the brand was born), is pretty amazing... Nice and affordable.
titus.png titus 2.png titus4.png titus3.png titus 5.png titus 6.png

·
Registered
364 Posts
Didn't know that somebody bought the brand. I own one titus landeron chrono from the 50s. What are the prices on the HK modern ones?

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9505 przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
20,563 Posts
Seagull movements ?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Ah, I remember these in Manila in the 80s and 90s. They were sold in watch stores in Avenida near Chinatown. Back then all Solvil et Titus watches were Seiko Diver's... er, "homages". If you couldn't afford a Seiko Diver's, you got one of these.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Not my cup if tea

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
There's a couple of designs that look good to me. The important point will be how much do they sell for, and where can they be sourced from?

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,136 Posts
Seagull movements ?
and perhaps assembled by a Sea-Gull subsidiary judging by the familiar-looking case and dial designs. :think:

I don't mean this as a criticism but I personally would not pay premium for the Titus name unless there was something in the watch that reflected the brand heritage. Likely these will be good quality watches nonetheless.

Reactions: lvt

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Here in Singapore the automatic chronograph models above sell for between sgd400 to sgd500 which is about usd340 to usd420 I guess. I haven't been able to see one in person so can't say about the quality. But it sure looks beautiful on paper...

Didn't know that somebody bought the brand. I own one titus landeron chrono from the 50s. What are the prices on the HK modern ones?

Wysłane z mojego GT-I9505 przy użyciu Tapatalka

1 - 10 of 10 Posts