WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.pmwf.com/cgi-bin/ForumArchive/webbbs_config.cgi?read=981436

I linked this review of this watch. Anyways it appears the prices vary at TJ MAXX. I saw the Chrono version with REAL Screw down pushers for $ 850 on a Red Price tag. I also saw the same watch as the reviewer but with black bezel at $ 275 with a RED price tag. I am wondering what the color of the price tag means. The sales person was brand new at the store I was at. There also was a tag that showed when the watch arrived at the store etc. I was wondering if there are automatic markdowns if the watch does not sell for a period of time. There was not clearance counter at this TJ maxx. Any comments on their pricing as it appears to be differnent at different stores.
:thanks

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
http://www.pmwf.com/cgi-bin/ForumArchive/webbbs_config.cgi?read=981436

I linked this review of this watch. Anyways it appears the prices vary at TJ MAXX. I saw the Chrono version with REAL Screw down pushers for $ 850 on a Red Price tag. I also saw the same watch as the reviewer but with black bezel at $ 275 with a RED price tag. I am wondering what the color of the price tag means. The sales person was brand new at the store I was at. There also was a tag that showed when the watch arrived at the store etc. I was wondering if there are automatic markdowns if the watch does not sell for a period of time. There was not clearance counter at this TJ maxx. Any comments on their pricing as it appears to be differnent at different stores.
:thanks
This is one hell of a watch. TJ MAXX usually sells it in the $495 to $595 range. I got one on clearance for $350 and though it was a hell of a deal...at $275......GRAB IT!!!

Here is a pre-owned one priced at $310.00 (for quick sale)
http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=2360719&rid=0

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, The one in the link you sent me is the one that is available. I honestly remember the same what with the silver Bezel costing $ 1000 and that was no the MSRP according to the Sales clerk. Then about 2 months later it was $ 500 and I still passed. I think $ 275 is fair. It may even be $ 250 . I will go back and buy it. I still have 30 days to mull it over after I buy it . I also saw the Chrono version and it had REAL SCREW DOWN PUSHERS. many whates have decerative pushers that appear to be screw sown but they are not. Omega Seas master and Omega Planet ocean Chronos have non functional screw down pushers. The pusher work but they do not lock . If you are under water you should nover try to push them. :-! I'll write a review after I return from TJ MAXX. OH YES, The Bright Red TAG gave me the impression it is the final markdown but I also reme,ber a guys saying the Clearance was a Green or yello tag?. I may ask the MGR.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
I'm pretty sure Omega's PO chronographs ARE functional under water.
Not many chronographs are, Tag Aquagraphs are another.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I meant to say is that the Omega planet Ocean and Seamaster Chronos have pushers that have a knurled ring around them that looks like the type that allow you to lock the pusher so you don't accidently push it in while under water etc. The knurled ring is for show and will not turn. I had this confirmed by two owners of the watches. I think the watches are still waterproof if you even press them underwater.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just picked up the Daniel Mink Diver for $ 250 Red tag. Nice watch. Lume is OK but not spectacular. The heft and feel of the builld of the watch are above my expectations. I like the fact there is only brushed metal and not polished. :-! What really cracks me up is I saw the same watch in Hyannis massachusetts TJ Maxx and the sales clerk said the selling price (street price) was $999. I looked at her like she was from outer space. I think the MSRP is $999 and the street price is $ 500 at fancy stores if they can get it. TJ MAxx is a discounter who buys closeouts etc so It is conceivable the watch should sell for under $ 350 tops. $ 250 is a good deal in my opinion. Sort of like the Invicta Scuba I got for $ 225 shipiing included Hee Hee.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
It's a cool looking watch steve and I agree that's a great price.
Post up some pics and thoughts when you can eh?
Congrats!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here is a link the pic of the same what I just purchased for $ 250 new from TJ Maxx. They also sell the same watch with a silver colored bezel.

I think Daniel Mink is a nice watch and they cater to stores like Nordstroms etc where people have $ to burn. I think people on this forum have a good memory of how hard it was to make the $ in their wallet so they are more cost concious(value minded). I think the $ 250 is in the value range so I bought it.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
Here is a link the pic of the same what I just purchased for $ 250 new from TJ Maxx. They also sell the same watch with a silver colored bezel.

I think Daniel Mink is a nice watch and they cater to stores like Nordstroms etc where people have $ to burn. I think people on this forum have a good memory of how hard it was to make the $ in their wallet so they are more cost concious(value minded). I think the $ 250 is in the value range so I bought it.
When I got mine at TJ MAXX, there was an MSRP sticker on it at $1295.00.....you got a bang-up deal......if you decide you don't want it, contact me and I will buy it....I have a friend looking for one!!! But honestly, I think you will fall in luv with it. It is one of the most comfortable watches I own!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
But, is it a genuine Daniel Mink,
& is TJ Maxx an AD, or gray
marketeer? :-d :-d :-d :-d
Yes, maybe, no, perhaps, I'll get back to you................call the Hamilton Service Center in NY, ask for "all-knowing" Peter for a definitive answer!!!! :)

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I sawall the sales for the watch and I know I did fine. I think those guys on the forum paid $ 450 to $ 500 for the watch. Here is anther pic of the watch i got.
:-!
http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=2307290&rid=0

I remeber seeing this same what at many TJ maxx but passed on it due to the price. I have not been to any TJ Maxx in several months. I wonder what the asking price for the watch is now and if they have any left?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I ran into the loact TJ maxx today as it is located next to the Video Store I frequent. There was another Daniel Mink and there was customer buying it in from of me. The $ 850 Shro version was sold the same day according to the sales clerk. I am glad I bought the Daniel Mink 200 mtr diver at $ 250. oney well spent.santasmile

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I ran into the loact TJ maxx today as it is located next to the Video Store I frequent. There was another Daniel Mink and there was customer buying it in from of me. The $ 850 Shro version was sold the same day according to the sales clerk. I am glad I bought the Daniel Mink 200 mtr diver at $ 250. oney well spent.santasmile
Steve, you got a great watch at a great price..................I paid $100 more for mine and thought I got a fantastic deal........CONGRATULATIONS!!!

·
Registered
218 Posts
My girlfriend and I just ran over to the TJmaxx and picked up the Daniel Mink 200m diver as a late christmas present. It was $275, and I think a great deal. Thanks for the heads up Steve!!!! Don't you think the second hand is awesome! I really like this watch!!! Oh, and Ken too, your comments helped seal the deal.:-!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What cracks me is that the prices are variable at TJ Maxx. I think the final price is within $25 on closeout. Next time I see the ASST MGR at My sons Soccer Game I will ask her comments on the pricing . The diver watch we are all talking about started at $999 street price and went down to $ 250-$ 275 for the same watch. I think TJ Maxx is like the store "SYMMS". They get a Suit and charge $500 and each 15-30 days it doesn't sell.. the price is marked down untill it reaches the red tag price. As a buyer you have to realize that the suit could be sold anytime and you must gamble the suit will not sell and wait to get it for the cheapest or close to cheapest price.It is a game of sorts.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
My girlfriend and I just ran over to the TJmaxx and picked up the Daniel Mink 200m diver as a late christmas present. It was $275, and I think a great deal. Thanks for the heads up Steve!!!! Don't you think the second hand is awesome! I really like this watch!!! Oh, and Ken too, your comments helped seal the deal.:-!
I hesitated when I bought it because I have always hated rubber/silicon straps, but I thought, "What the heck, I'll put it on a Watchadoo". Once I put it on my wrist, though, it was the most comfortable strap I'd ever worn....I wouldn't think about changing it now. It did put a good butterfly deployant on it as I didn't want to ultimately ear the strap on the buckle and it helps keep the "slider" in place.

CONGRATS on a GREAT timepiece!

·
Registered
277 Posts
What cracks me is that the prices are variable at TJ Maxx. I think the final price is within $25 on closeout. Next time I see the ASST MGR at My sons Soccer Game I will ask her comments on the pricing . The diver watch we are all talking about started at $999 street price and went down to $ 250-$ 275 for the same watch. I think TJ Maxx is like the store "SYMMS". They get a Suit and charge $500 and each 15-30 days it doesn't sell.. the price is marked down untill it reaches the red tag price. As a buyer you have to realize that the suit could be sold anytime and you must gamble the suit will not sell and wait to get it for the cheapest or close to cheapest price.It is a game of sorts.
One of the clerks at the TJM near me says the markdowns occur every 90 days.
You're right, part of the thrill is the hunting for prey, and when you find something you like, waiting to AMBUSH the deal when you can't stand to either let it go to someone else or wait any longer...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts