WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Sponsor
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 hours before the sun rise, excited and can’t stop working. Decided to take a short break and share this cheerful news with your guys. About 6 months ago I posted a message said that I would build a Chinese wristwatch museum; well today the dream just came true. So far 1000+ Chinese mechanical watches are collected and sourced, and I will never stop hunting for more.

What am I still working on:
1. There will be a movement section and a unique & pocket watch section under the "Watch" category in the future
2. Still thinking a way to put the watch case back pictures on the website
3. Correcting spelling and grammar errors. :think:
5. Searching for more reliable sources to make the site become more accurate and informative. I will go back to China this Oct to interview a couple of watch makers from some watch factories which are already closed. :-!
6. Pictures quality, the old pictures are not very good in quality. So I am taking all of them down. So far, Beijing, Guangdong, Guizhou, Hebei, Heilongjiang, Hunan, Jiangxi, Jilin, Sichuan’s pictures have been retake and uploaded. I choose the background picture which I think it could represent the province the best. I attached both old and new pictures to show the difference.

Now, please allow me to present www.chinesewristwatch.com to all the Chinese watch enthusiasts.

If you have any suggestions and comments, PLEASE do let me know. My goal is to make the site become perfect and don’t be hesitate to lend me your hands.

Next projects (also in my mind for a long time):
Sea-Gull diving watch
Sea-Gull U.S based service center

Thanks for your time

Regards

Kevin Ma

Attachments

·
6,158 Posts
Hi Kevin,

I only browsed your site briefly, but what a collection :p! I can only guess how much work this was, both in collecting and putting them on-line.

I will spent quite some time there admiring all the pieces. Thanks for sharing it with us Chinese watch lovers.

Martin

PS. Oh, and I would love to see what the SeaGull diving watch would look like :-!

·
Registered
812 Posts
Kevin,

You have done a wonderful job. The site is structured well and graphics are very appropriate as well. I really hope that your site becomes one source for Chinese Watch enthusiast.

·
Banned
2,219 Posts
Congratulations Kevin! That must have taken a lot of time and effort! :-!

Regarding the dive watch, I'm sure some of us would be glad to make suggestions on the design, if you are interested in our opinions. ;-)

Keep up the good work!

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,030 Posts
Congratulations, Kevin!! The site is stunning.

What a terrific resource!

:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!:-!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wow! Impressive.

You can be very proud of this achievement, Kevin.

Still browsing the website and learning a lot of things.

Keep it up :-!

·
Sponsor
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, *bow* I will keep working to make the site looks better. The new movement section will be informative. I will take picture on different type of movements and upload them on the website. Now back to upload more watch pictures. hehe

Regards

Kevin Ma

·
Registered
633 Posts
Great site. Thanks for the effort! I just saw the original 1963 air force, heck, it looks better than the reissue! Looking forward to a more faithful release in the future; and can't wait for the Seagull diver too!!

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
OUTSTANDING Kevin! Just amazing work you have done, the format and presentation are beautiful. I would say this firmly enshrines you as an internet watch legend.

Bring on the ISO diver!

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,147 Posts
I'm definitely putting a link on the Chinese Watch Industry Wiki. Well done Kevin!

·
CMW & Sales Moderator
5,498 Posts
Thank you Kevin. :-!

I know this was a huge effort and took a lot of time to complete. It will be very much appreciated for a long time to come.

cheers,
gigfy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts