WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
My Gulfman's manual also said no Scuba Diving (in Japanese). I posted the fact on the forum when I first got the watch, but I don't think anyone believed me.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,555 Posts
Hi Adan,

I think it's something like Casio is backing them selves in. The watch can withstand 200m static water pressure. I think it won't harm the watch taking it to some "undeep" scuba diving. The 4 scew back is in my opinion not a bad thing al all. The pressure on the gasket is applied gently and equal over the rubber and there is no friction asd with a screwback.

Also the waterpressure pushes the back harder on the gasket when you go deeper. I think the only problem that can be is water leaking at greater depths through the (double) button seals.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Adan,

I think it's something like Casio is backing them selves in. The watch can withstand 200m static water pressure. I think it won't harm the watch taking it to some "undeep" scuba diving. The 4 scew back is in my opinion not a bad thing al all. The pressure on the gasket is applied gently and equal over the rubber and there is no friction asd with a screwback.

Also the waterpressure pushes the back harder on the gasket when you go deeper. I think the only problem that can be is water leaking at greater depths through the (double) button seals.

Cheers,

Sjors
THANKS, I understand...The new G-Shocks have the same WR compare to old models...right?

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,555 Posts
Hi Adan,

I remember JD's post as post, not that it was his or the Gulfman related. In my idea I had the same "Water Resist" page in my head as you just posted. The picture DJ posted shows very clearly Water Resist 20Bar (equal to 200 meter static water pressure).

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Sjors I've asked this on Dive forum and static and "dynamic" pressure do not differ at all. According to these folks even if you move your hand your "dynamic" pressure will never go more than 1-3 meters different than "static" pressure.

Dynamic pressure is really just an "urban myth".

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Sjors I've asked this on Dive forum and static and "dynamic" pressure do not differ at all. According to these folks even if you move your hand your "dynamic" pressure will never go more than 1-3 meters different than "static" pressure.

Dynamic pressure is really just an "urban myth".
That's the impression I've gained too.

·
G-Shock Mod
13,911 Posts
i think all current JDM G-Shock except for frogman are "WR20BAR"

"WR20BAR" does not equal to "WR 200m" or "Scuba 200m" in Japan

i think in order "qualify" for "WR 200m" or "Scuba 200m", there are more regulation (maybe in the design, material, test, or manufacturing process)

i personally think "WR20BAR" is fit for most recreational diving (which are usually less than 200ft ~ 70-80m)

i think casio just doesn't want to go through the red tape to get all the watches qualify for "WR 200m" or "Scuba 200m". and use the phrase "no SCUBA DIVING" to cover their behind

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts