And by altering destroy them? To cut, or to buy brazillian,
No more, and to spend $26 shipped for the brazil to end,
The heart-ache and the thousand natural G-shocks,
That resin from Pac-Parts is $14 shipped,
And can I use GW-5600J resin?
The Brazil comes with a band and a gasket too,
Which I would have to buy separately otherwise: ay, there's the rub,
To buy the band makes them the same cost for my G-shock dreams to come,
Will brazil resin will last until my 5600C has shuffled off this mortal coil?

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
Very interesting choice of words...

Brazil bezels aren't perfect, but they are great alternative to basically non-existing or super-expensive original bezels.

You can use 5600e bezel, but it won't look as good.

Go ahead and order brazil bezel or two. Just prepare to wait a month or two for them to arrive :)

Brazil customs (or postal system for that matter) isn't very quick, but eventually it arrives.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
In this order from best to worst:

original casio bezel > brazil bezel > modded 5600e bezel

I have done the mods on the 5600e and they are acceptable except the adjust button gets buried too low under the bezel and they simply do not fit perfectly so the sides bow out a little.

Brazil resin fits well but there is no clearcoat finish like on a Casio bezel and the letters are blazing white, narrow, rounded, and sometimes off center. 99% of people won't notice.

The other alternative is buying spare Casio resin. they still pop up on yahoo Japan auctions but will be at least $130 for a band and bezel.

Gaskets can be bought from pacparts. Don't pay inflated ebay prices. Gaskets should be like 50 cents not $9. In reality they should be even less than 50 cents but I like having the real part from Casio.

If you plan to wear the watch daily for years and the watch is in otherwise great shape and means a lot to you, I say spring for the genuine resin. After all you will be looking at it often for years to come.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Searching through ebay for "Casio 5600c" shows a number of bezels from Japan that do not claim to be genuine Casio. These may possibly arrive sooner than the Brazilian ones (my experience with Brazilian post was not...optimal, if ya aquires my drift). Are they the same as the Brazilian resin? Dunno. Someone should order one and report back. :-d

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
In this order from best to worst:

original casio bezel > brazil bezel > modded 5600e bezel

I have done the mods on the 5600e and they are acceptable except the adjust button gets buried too low under the bezel and they simply do not fit perfectly so the sides bow out a little.

Brazil resin fits well but there is no clearcoat finish like on a Casio bezel and the letters are blazing white, narrow, rounded, and sometimes off center. 99% of people won't notice.

The other alternative is buying spare Casio resin. they still pop up on yahoo Japan auctions but will be at least $130 for a band and bezel.

Gaskets can be bought from pacparts. Don't pay inflated ebay prices. Gaskets should be like 50 cents not $9. In reality they should be even less than 50 cents but I like having the real part from Casio.

If you plan to wear the watch daily for years and the watch is in otherwise great shape and means a lot to you, I say spring for the genuine resin. After all you will be looking at it often for years to come.
Would you be able to post the part # for the gaskets?

My jaw dropped when I say the prices on eBay and I have been putting it off since.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
Whether 'tis nobler for the DW-5600c to suffer
The slings and arrows of substandard resin,
Or to take a dremel against a sea of new 5600 bezels,
Hilarious post...did you chew this out of a Google translator?! ;-)

Sorry had to ask...LOL!

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Sorry I can't come up with a funny way to post this:

I'm giving Japan resin a shot. I thought I had an original 5600c band sourced, but that crapped out, so now I'm on the hunt for one that doesn't cost $30 (there are some cheaper Casio bands, but all with gold buckles). With an 18mm lug width, I'm tempted to try a NATO, but the 5600's are one of the only G-shocks (DWX series also) that I don't absolutely hate the resin bands for on a comfort level.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Another vote for the Brazil bezels. There is even a Japanese eBay vendor that sells them I think.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
The bezels on eBay from Japan for vintage screwbacks looks like same bezels that originate from Brazil, just diffrent seller.

They don't have straps though... the shipping might be quicker, no 1 or 2 month waits.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
The bezels on eBay from Japan for vintage screwbacks looks like same bezels that originate from Brazil, just diffrent seller.

They don't have straps though... the shipping might be quicker, no 1 or 2 month waits.

The aftermarket bezels available from Japan are imported from Brazil. They are the same. Shipping might be faster. The benefit from buying a Japan Brazil bezel is that you can usually see the photo of the exact bezel you are buying (not so with the Brazil vendors, who use a stock photo). So the bezel you get from Brazil might not be quite as good as you think.IN that case it would be better to buy a Brazil bezel from Japan

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have gotten a lot of these Brazilian bezels for my vintage G-Shocks. I didn't bother me that they're not OEM, what did bother me was the mis match color schemes they come with...luckily there's a lot of links on this forums to change the colors on these bezels to match the originals. My opinion is that these will last longer even if u found an original in good condition....simply because these brazil bezels are made recently and not made from when the watch first came out.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Whether 'tis nobler for the DW-5600c to suffer
The slings and arrows of substandard resin,
Or to take a dremel against a sea of new 5600 bezels,

original bezel original bezel burning bright
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetric .... (umm) originality ?
:)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts