WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Well, I've spent most of the past week reading through the forum and trying a million different searches on ebay, looking in seiya-san's shop (he's ill, hope he gets better), in javy's, etc. The thing is I think I've decided on the G-Shock I want to have as my everyday "beater" (I have at the moment no G-shocks at all!). And it's the GW-M5600. I've decided i'll go for it because of its classic looks, it's tough solar and it's multiband 5 (I live in Spain).

Now, how to get it. Well, the most obvious and direct way for me is to buy it on ebay. And here's the question... how is it that I can easily find the 25th anniversary limited edition white/gold GW-M5625E for about 63 euro but the GW-M5600 -which I have believed to be a more "common" model (I mean it isn't the supercool black lcd BC version)- only sold by german sellers and for around 100 euro !? Why are there no japanese, chinese sellers offering the GW-M5600 at more "reasonable" price?

[High demand, speculators, peak oil? :-d]

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Not sure. Seems like there are many 5600 models that are hard to come by. I went through the same problem recently and had to settle on combining a couple of models to get what I wanted.

You should consider a Mudman GW9000A (5 band). They can be had easily and for not much money.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would look into the bulkier G-Shocks but I'm afraid my wrist is too thin! (Nice pic though :-!)
I just find it rather wierd to see limited editions (and good looking, although with maybe too much bling factor) going for 60 euros and the "normal" models going for 100!. I suppose I'll get a standard DW-5600 until I can't get hold of a european atomic.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
its one of the few watches i paid full price for, 129 euros, and its worth every cent... and i hope it will last a long time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts