WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Need some input. Just got a new watch and I'm not sure if I should keep it or not. I had (still have) a Black PVD Bathys 100 Fathoms Ruthenium Dial but just purchased a Rose Gold TN Aquaculture. I like the AQ alot but my mom/sister hate it.
Pictures attached. What do you guys think?

I also have the leather strap for it, but I really don't like wearing leather (I think its the shape of my wrists, I just find all the leather straps I have worn extremely uncomfortable if I sweat even a little bit).

Thanks

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya I am really iffy on the bracelet as well. Any good strap/bracelet ideas?

Also, Im young enough to still be allowed to not listen to my mom ;)

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I love the color on the watch, it almost looks like a bronze, but that PVD bracelet has got to go. With the coloring, I think that leather is the only way to go.

Bob

Reactions: jason_recliner

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Ya you guys are right.

Here it is on leather:

Vs: Ruthenium on PVD bracelet

To keep in mind:
Im a 20 year old university student. I can't keep both and my only other watch is a skagen (black w/ mesh bracelet CF dial). The ruthenium PVD bathys has been my daily wearer for the past couple months and I'm already way out of the price range I should be in ;). I'm also not a flashy person at all (hence my doubts about keeping the watch) but I love the pearl dial so Im not sure what I want to do.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Im a 20 year old university student. I can't keep both
Leather with the rose gold looks much better than the watch with all PVD.

Bob

Reactions: jason_recliner

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya the initial plan was to keep the PVD and wait for a PVD aquaculture but the rosegold one came up so I grabbed it. I think thats what I am going to do though.

The leather dresses up the rosegold way too much. T-shirt + jeans = looks weird.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
To me this seems to always be the problem with rose gold colored watches. They look silly on any bracelet that doesn't match, but they always look dressy on leather.

As for what stays and what goes, I'm not a fan of Bathy's styling at all.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Too many mixed signals you guys aren't helping!!

But thank you for your help/opinions. I think I'll wear it for a couple days and decide.
THanks

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
I like the rose gold better, but as a college student, dressing up doesn't happen very often and it looks pretty dressy. Sadly, I advise keeping the PVD.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lol super mixed signals galore. Thanks for the comments though

2 things... first off, is your mom or sister wearing it? Secondly, the PVD bracelet on the Roe looks horrible. Soo all in all, change the bracelet, keep it on leather and don't worry about your mom and GF. If you like it, that is what counts.
Their opinions obviously matter to me alot though.
It'd probably loook great with a black zulu.
Thanks I will try that.

Im getting iffy on the Rose Gold. Im trying to figure out if I actually dont like it or just dont want to be too flashy. If its just the flashiness I dont really care, I like it so I'll keep it but my brain is sending me mixed signals (you guys arent helping ;)).

I think I will keep both for atleast a week or two and see which one I wear more, and hopefully a PVD aquaculture will come up soon.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 34 Posts