WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking of replacing the bezel and band on my DW5035D for the longest time, and finally pulled the trigger today. While I'm really happy with the look and overall feel of the DLC parts, there is some serious overhang going on due to the endlinks.

I'm considering leaving it on the bracelet to see if I can get used it visually, but I have a feeling I'll eventually put it back on the resin band. Fellow G-men/women, what would be your opinion on this?

·
Registered
767 Posts
I literally went through this almost exact same thing a week or two ago. I've had a GMW-B5000G-1 (resin band) for about a year and finally tried a bracelet on it. It looked awesome, but I had the same issue, those endlinks are just too dang long. What drove me nuts was the angle between the endlink and the adjacent link, instead of the bracelet wrapping/hugging my wrist it had this weird sharp angle, it was way too sharp for my liking. I wore it for a week to see if I would get over it, but I didn't. I sold the bracelet and went back to resin. I really don't understand why they had to make the endlinks so crazy long.

The metal bracelet, basically looked just like this on my wrist.

The resin strap - PERFECT.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I have stainless on my 5035, it's big, heavy, and wobbles around on my wrist.. but I don't mind. It's not my everyday wearer, more of a fun occasional piece for me. Combi fits me better, considerably.

So my answer is -- if this is your main digital watch, then comfort is paramount. If it's a part of a collection and you like having a heavy G-shock for ****s and giggles, then keep it on and have a lightweight resin one to complement it.

·
Registered
20,994 Posts
Overhanging the wrist is a bad look, keep it on the resin that fits your wrist.

Reactions: Ryanjeepguy

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback guys, some things I'd like to note if anyone goes down this path as well:

1. My wrist is super flat - 6.25in around, but probably as wide as a typical 6.75in wrist. The flat profile means the watch head doesn't roll around that much. My Citizen Promaster GMT has similar endlinks that are 55.5mm end to end, and it still fits me better than this (seriously, what do Casio think the average G-Shock owner looks like?)

2. The lug area of the bezel has a polished finish while the endlink is brushed. Apart from the sharp angle dgaddis mentioned, this difference is jarring enough to incentivise getting back on resin.

3. Bonus pic since we're already here:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have this issue with a G-Shock that I have. The steel bracelet does not bend down as much as the rubber band, and thus the overhang look. Frankly, I don't think it looks bad on your wrist. If you take a pic from a farther distance, you wouldn't even notice it.

·
Premium Member
61,645 Posts
Overhang is a very personal thing and I’m more than happy with it. If I wasn’t I wouldn’t wear most of my watches.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
Overhang is what I laugh at most when I see people's wrists.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
I cry when I see wrist shots where the band is clearly too tight. 🙈
Sometimes its the angle of the wrist, hairy wrist LOL, or how the person is flexing but overhang can not be denied!

·
Registered
642 Posts
I'm generally against overhang, but it really depends. On a traditional watch I would not accept it.

On some larger G-Shocks I think it's do-able, like the GW-6900 and GD-350. I've had both in the past and they worked because of their strap and overall size.

In this case with the end links pointing further out, I think it looks bad.

·
Premium Member
3,287 Posts
It’s a personal thing , but I would not be able to get use to that fit ( or lack thereof ), judg69

1 - 20 of 34 Posts