WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
I have a puny 6.25" wrist and couldn't care less about overhang, how big a watch looks on my wrist or how others perceive it! If you like the watch, that's all that matters
And this is exactly me too !!! !!! !!!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So, I lasted a whole eight hours before putting it back on the resin band. Not too top heavy thankfully. Now I'm wondering if I should replace the gold buckle and keeper with dark grey or gunmetal, but then I'd have to replace the gold buttons too... 🤔

Anyway, it was advertised as DLC and the seller confirmed it as well. I guess I'll know in time. The coating does look high quality, indistinguishable from Casio's.

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
"overhang" is completely normal for a G, most have flared lugs or bands to deliberately cause a gap. helps with ventilation and shock absorption. its more prominent on smaller flat top wrists but doesnt affect comfort and unless youre walking around with your arm out stretched at eye height, you cant even see it.
dont let wrist ****s dictate what or how you should wear anything (y)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
"overhang" is completely normal for a G, most have flared lugs or bands to deliberately cause a gap. helps with ventilation and shock absorption. its more prominent on smaller flat top wrists but doesnt affect comfort and unless youre walking around with your arm out stretched at eye height, you cant even see it.
dont let wrist ****s dictate what or how you should wear anything (y)
I agree with you when it comes to resin bands, since they tend to flow into the bezel design to make it less obvious.

The problem is exacerbated with bracelets though, as it bends awkwardly at one point due to the flexible links, instead of conforming as a whole piece like resin.

Well, if I can't get a sale for the bracelet maybe I'll give it another shot.

Back on the band:

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
I agree with you when it comes to resin bands, since they tend to flow into the bezel design to make it less obvious.

The problem is exacerbated with bracelets though, as it bends awkwardly at one point due to the flexible links, instead of conforming as a whole piece like resin.

Well, if I can't get a sale for the bracelet maybe I'll give it another shot.

Back on the band:
maybe a little but in your case its still less than most mid to large resin models. throw a frog on then tell me if you think your bracelet looks exacerbated ;) lol

·
Registered
767 Posts
FWIW, I just got a GW-B5600HR, one of the new resin bluetooth squares, and it came with the V2 combi bracelet. It fits me perfectly. The GMW-B5000 bracelet was too big, but the resin version fits perfect.

A thing that annoys me tho - this gap. Why not shorten up that little square(ish) bit of resin by 1.5-2mm and reduce that gap to make it match the rest of the bracelet????

·
Registered
9,239 Posts
No right or wrong here, it's simply a matter of individual choice. Myself, I don't like overhang. However, if I noticed it on somebody else, It wouldn't bother me enough to mention it. ;)

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
No right or wrong here, it's simply a matter of individual choice. Myself, I don't like overhang. However, if I noticed it on somebody else, It wouldn't bother me enough to mention it. ;)
Same here. I don’t personally wear anything with overhang, but I’m not one to tell others how to spend their money or what to wear. If someone asks for my honest opinion, I’ll oblige, but I’m not gonna call it out unprompted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
insightful thread, thank you, this vote is for all good as long as you're comfortable. with my ocd, puny wrists and bank account, if it weren't for the all-metal square overhang i'd be homeless, so definitely a fan!

·
Registered
800 Posts
FWIW, I just got a GW-B5600HR, one of the new resin bluetooth squares, and it came with the V2 combi bracelet. It fits me perfectly. The GMW-B5000 bracelet was too big, but the resin version fits perfect.

A thing that annoys me tho - this gap. Why not shorten up that little square(ish) bit of resin by 1.5-2mm and reduce that gap to make it match the rest of the bracelet????

Glad to hear! The clasp connector link is a little funky on the V1 combi as well.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Ok. I have a Skmei 1456 which had the same overhang. So I put it between the (padded to prevent scratches) jaws of a vice and gave it a nip or two. Hey Presto, no overhang.
159630051685766600605029996899.jpg

·
Registered
162 Posts
The overhang issue definitely bothered me at first and was the main reason I avoided the bracelet for a couple months. But after getting it on a bracelet, it's not so bad. The watch ends up falling diagonal on my wrist, so the overhang area is more spread out. In real life it wears really well and I don't notice it.

The flexibility of the spring bar bracelet also helps a lot. The bracelet twists enough to wrap the wrist a little better than a more traditional bracelet with pins that has no torsional give.

But overall, the bracelet and its connection to the watch case highlights the design issue of Casio's very literal translation of the resin square to the metal square. Keeping the exterior profiles the same, definitely made them compromise on the bracelet-band connection. The plastic on the resin bands is so thin you know they got backed into a design corner on that one...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys, some things I'd like to note if anyone goes down this path as well:

1. My wrist is super flat - 6.25in around, but probably as wide as a typical 6.75in wrist. The flat profile means the watch head doesn't roll around that much. My Citizen Promaster GMT has similar endlinks that are 55.5mm end to end, and it still fits me better than this (seriously, what do Casio think the average G-Shock owner looks like?)
this is mine on a 6.5" wrist (as measured using ikea measuring tape :p )...so i would say ur wrist is truer to a 6.25" rather than being as flat as a 6.75"...
to me, its fine...any overhang is very minimal as the bracelet still curves around the wrist nicely...helped due to a shorter lug to lug...

21 - 34 of 34 Posts