WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's been a week since I received my first Doxa, and I already ordered another.:roll:

Question is this, I have not been wearing my Doxa in the swimming pool in fear that the chlorine would destroy the bezel numbers. Is this unfounded? How many swim in a chlorinated pool with their Doxa? Any ill effects?

Pics to come, once I can find my derned camera, it seems to be missing after my recent move. :-s

·
Premium Member
5,733 Posts
So it's been a week since I received my first Doxa, and I already ordered another.:roll:

Question is this, I have not been wearing my Doxa in the swimming pool in fear that the chlorine would destroy the bezel numbers. Is this unfounded? How many swim in a chlorinated pool with their Doxa? Any ill effects?

Pics to come, once I can find my derned camera, it seems to be missing after my recent move. :-s
Yup..for me, totally unfounded. I swim in chlorinated pools all the time, with no ill effect. Go for it, you'll be depriving your DOXA if you don't;-)

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
the watch is made to dive up to 1000 meters dependent upon which one you have. I don't think chlorine will hurt it. I have never had any issues with chlorine.

Very bad picture but you get what i mean Chlorine.

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
the watch is made to dive up to 1000 meters dependent upon which one you have. I don't think chlorine will hurt it. I have never had any issues with chlorine.

Very bad picture but you get what i mean Chlorine.
I actually really like that shot....;-)

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've been a pool manager at a health club for longer than I have had my DOXA, and it is my 24/7 watch. I don't know if is directly correlated or not, but I am missing seven 0's, five 1's and a two, plus the 'FT' marking, they just popped out. I figure I'll worry more when I start depending on the bezel for my downtime

Troy

·
Registered
329 Posts
I usually just rinse them with the hose afterwards

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Dive watches are made for use in the ocean which is much more corrosive than pool water. I've been in Florida for three years and swim in my pool nearly every day for at least 1/2 hr and usually over an hour and have had no problems with any of my Doxa's. The one that's been in the pool most is the 600T. As you can see, no problems.

Joe

Attachments

·
Registered
11,829 Posts

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Pool water never hurt the orange or black paint on my Doxa's bezel.

Never, ever let spray on vehicle wheel cleaner get near your Doxa's face though!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was washing my car and accidentally got some on the watch. I stripped the orange paint right out! Yikes!

I have an easy fix for this. Just don't wash your car, and you don't have to worry about damaging your Doxa:-d:-d:-d

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Chlorinated pool water or salt water, I agree with the consensus here to rinse your Doxa ASAP with fresh water. So far, the numbers on my Sharkie have held up very well, but my other "hard use" watches with painted bezel numbers are all showing various degrees of wear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts