WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I put out a post to buy a CW watch and got a response for a different CW watch that I do like.

I've bought two watches off of this forum and they have both been great experiences. I am very gun shy on this one though. For the following reasons.

1.) He does not have any posts on this site.
2.) He wants to use Zelle and I have said no to that asking to use PayPal.
3.) When I asked for a lume shot I got a lume shot of a different watch albeit with the correct time I asked for it to be set. He did say he messed that up but I still don't have that lume shot.
4.) When I asked for when the warranty card was dated I got a 6-7-2021 answer and said it had roughly 50 months of warranty left. I didn't call him out on that but again he could have just made a mistake.

Now he did send a video of the watch and showed the watch with the date and his handle. The price is pretty good ($400 - maybe too good?) and I do like the watch. Any suggestions on how I should proceed? If I go Paypal am I really protected?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Run far and run fast. AVOID AVOID!!! I think you already know that answer.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
AVOID

Reactions: JLittle

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Scam city. What username is that post from? They may have already been banned and deleted by a mod. I keep having scammers try to sell me a helm komodo from my wtb thread. Unfortunately, they are laughably bad scams rather than legitimate sale offers.

Paypal does offer solid protection from what ive heard to the extent that many sellers can get scammed from a buyer claiming they did not receive the goods ordered.

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
Scam.
If you are looking to purchase this watch, wait one month. CW has their July sale coming. You can probably grab one of these for around $1350-$1400. There will be some Nearly New ones posted, just like they always are. I got mine this way and it was a cracking deal. Just wait.

·
Registered
6,730 Posts
Skip and don't look back. Not worth the risk IMO.

Reactions: JLittle and JSnipes

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
I think you should expose the username of this supposed seller.

Reactions: JSnipes

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
There is always another watch. Very few sellers have a singularly unique and ultra rare watch that can't be had by someone else.

Reactions: JLittle and JSnipes

·
Registered
Rolex, GS, Seiko, Tag Heuer, Omega, Nomos
257 Posts
to put a bow on this, the red flags should get you moving on immediately. Zelle??? simple misqueues? Sellers need to be buttoned up to build trust and credibility. Even if he is legit, it seems sloppy but either way, I would NEVER buy something from someone I did not know without some sort of buyer protection. Zelle is an ultimate leap of faith. HARD PASS unless there is a solid foundation of trust in the transaction. (for the record, I would always accept Zelle but I would ALWAYS lead with Paypal for protection for the buyer.)

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Red flags all around. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts