WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was engagement ring shopping this weekend and my gf and I stopped into Ahee in Grosse Pointe. I talked with Peter, the president, and I must say this gentleman really knew his stuff! His watch knowledge was on point (not to mention the Patek he was wearing was out of this world as well). Quickly enough, engagement ring shopping turned into trying on and talking watches. I got to try on my first Nautilus which I nervously forgot to get a photo of!

This is the first person I've encountered "in the wild" that has probably forgotten more about watches than I've learned in my few years of collecting.

I will be directing my soon to be fiance to him when it comes time to purchase my wedding watch. The best part of the day though was my gf saying to us while Peter was explaining a Patek handwind movement to her "Tom, I think I now understand why you call watches art instead of simply jewlery..."

Reactions: timsurname

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
No, not limited, but some are better to deal with than others. I don't get to the East side much but when I do I'll have to stop by ;) . I've seen ads and billboards for Ahee.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are plenty of ADs, however not all are very knowledgeable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts